Subject: Awful Customer Service rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C F
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Adam Poots seems like a great game designer, but an absolutely terrible salesman. I've had multiple issues with ordering from the site. Discounts applying to the wrong product, products showing up for sale when inventory is gone, and taking your money and then failing to clearly mention they don't ship to your region.

My last order back in November never came. I've asked for a refund four times over the past month, both on their site and through individual email requests to different email addresses. I've not heard a single response.

Absolutely unacceptable. I don't care how great your product is. Hire a friggin web developer who knows how to build a site that actually works, and get somebody who knows how to do customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had fairly good experiences, but any time I've contacted them when they've been busy, I've gotten no response.

Not saying that's good business, but that you still have hope- I'd contact them after the KS is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had mixed fortunes... The dark mediator can be a bit arrogant in his/her response at times. And I contacted them about the 5 rare gear cards from manhunter that im missing, which they coulndt help me with. I would have paid for them and since its going into reprint I thought that now was the time to contact them so they could get an extra set from production. I dont know how hard it is to get an extra set paid for by the customer, it might be harder than I think, and they are a small business. But other game companies I have had contact with over the years have sent missing pieces at no extra cost, so all in all I have to say that that they could do better.

Edit: I got an answer for the missing cards today (I contacted Adam directly) and they will be happy to help when the 2nd production is up, which is fine. So the will to help is there it seems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
I've had fairly good experiences, but any time I've contacted them when they've been busy, I've gotten no response.

Not saying that's good business, but that you still have hope- I'd contact them after the KS is over.

I can understand being busy where response times will be slow but not responding at all is completely lame.

@Lumin, there is a region in the US that KD does not ship to? I would be a squeaky wheel about the situation until it was resolved. I also agree with you that the website needs work. You should be able to add on to existing orders and cancel orders without having to email them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
malkaven wrote:

@Lumin, there is a region in the US that KD does not ship to? I would be a squeaky wheel about the situation until it was resolved. I also agree with you that the website needs work. You should be able to add on to existing orders and cancel orders without having to email them.

From the description of the problems I'd guess it was an order that included a non us warehouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oliver kassel
Germany
dietzenbach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sad buth true, i´m complained the wrong legs from the spidicules mini, until today no answer, posted the mail to support at 2016.december.05...
not the best way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian van Loenen
Netherlands
Hilversum
flag msg tools
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
olizapp66 wrote:
sad buth true, i´m complained the wrong legs from the spidicules mini, until today no answer, posted the mail to support at 2016.december.05...
not the best way

I actually had the opposite experience: I contacted Dark Mediator this morning about the wrong legs and got a shipping tracking number this evening.

4 weeks ago the same: I asked if it was possible to cancel my Black Friday Sale expansions, since I decided to go for Satan in the KS. Next day a response that this was not possible since the order was already in process. A negative response, but a timely response nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Helveston
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Very different experience here. When I got a Spidicules with the wrong legs and contacted support, I got a response within 24 hours and the legs arrived less than a week later.

Similarly, when I made a really dumb error with my address when placing an order on the online store, they responded quickly and re-routed the package to me once it bounced and got back to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
lumin wrote:
So Adam Poots seems like a great game designer, but an absolutely terrible salesman. I've had multiple issues with ordering from the site. Discounts applying to the wrong product, products showing up for sale when inventory is gone, and taking your money and then failing to clearly mention they don't ship to your region.

My last order back in November never came. I've asked for a refund four times over the past month, both on their site and through individual email requests to different email addresses. I've not heard a single response.

Absolutely unacceptable. I don't care how great your product is. Hire a friggin web developer who knows how to build a site that actually works, and get somebody who knows how to do customer service.

Did you get tracking or at least shipping conformation for it? If not, that is what you should be asking KD for. Particularly in busy times they can take a long time to fulfil orders so it may be that yours hasn't been done yet.

When I emailed about spidicules legs, I got a replacement sent within a day as well. There are very mixed responses from their service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Poots
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I am going to show this to our full time customer support guy, first thing in the morning.

I can only personally do so much and I do ALOT.

What is your support ticket number? So we can chase this up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ぶる ぶるっ
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
kingdomdeath wrote:
I am going to show this to our full time customer support guy, first thing in the morning.

Well I guess that answers the question as to whether Adam is checking these boards during the kickstarter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C F
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kingdomdeath wrote:

Ticket 14914. Order #43153

Thanks for looking into it! Dark mediator finally responded yesterday asking for the order #, which I promptly responded with. Nothing since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.