Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Young
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played the game much, but it seems like an easier way to play with three players would be to just use the two-player rules and just have one side that made decisions as a team - rather than General and Admiral.

Anyone played games with three players? What did you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David L
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
I haven't had the chance to play a 3 player game yet, but it seems a 3 player game makes it more difficult for the imperial side since they have to split up their actions in two separate turns. So I guess you would probably split the imperial side if you want to give the rebel player a small advantage. If you rather have a 2 man team controlling one empire you could always do that, same goes for a 4 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Vroke wrote:
I haven't played the game much, but it seems like an easier way to play with three players would be to just use the two-player rules and just have one side that made decisions as a team - rather than General and Admiral.

Anyone played games with three players? What did you think?

We have done three players, and it works surprisingly well. Two heads making decisions helps to offset the disadvantage of delocalized C2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's probably the best way to play with three or four players, to be honest. Full disclosure: I have only ever played with two players, but the three and four-player rules have always seemed like something they tacked on to sell more copies. This isn't a "diss" on this brilliant game...just my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have played the 3 player game. Is same as 4 players but only with 3 to play.
Works great and certainly an eneiched system of the game. Deeper strategy then with 2 player rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
You could do that. I've also heard of people who like the 3-4 player rules so much they use them for the 2 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.