Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Vikings Gone Wild» Forums » General

Subject: Sleeve size and number of cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know the sleeve size and total number of cards for the game?

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eatem wrote:
Does anyone know the sleeve size and total number of cards for the game?

Thanks


662 cards for all expansions and stretch-goal put together. But you can find the detail on the Kickstarter page.

I believe it's 220 for the base game.

Card size is 58*88mm.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédéric Meurrens
France
Wasquehal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I used mayday sleeves 57.5x89 standard (orange packs) BUT they fit a little tightly (I prefer this than having too much space) Mayday sleeves 59x92 gives too much space.

In brief I prefer mayday 57.5x89 for this game :-)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fredm wrote:
I used mayday sleeves 57.5x89 standard (orange packs) BUT they fit a little tightly (I prefer this than having too much space) Mayday sleeves 59x92 gives too much space.

In brief I prefer mayday 57.5x89 for this game :-)


Lucky you. I'm still waiting for an email for my reward. :/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solitary Solidarity
msg tools
Do you have the kickstarter insert and did the 59x92 (larger of the two you tried) still fit that insert?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lamarrs Anomaly
Canada
flag msg tools
Sleeve size has been suggested by the developer here.

The recommended sleeve size is: Ultra Pro Small 62x89.

The actual card size is 58x88.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Vergonjeanne
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SolitarySolidarity wrote:
Do you have the kickstarter insert and did the 59x92 (larger of the two you tried) still fit that insert?


92 in height do not fit. 89 is the maximum height the insert allows.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is in the mail so I will wait and see exactly how the cards fit in the insert before I order sleeves.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skylla Carybdis
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mb
Why oh why do they use non-standard card sizes?

I have Ultra Pro Small Matte 62 x 89mm and they are 1-2 mm too short in height.

Did i get a bad set of sleeves or are the small matte sleeves a different height than the regular small 62 x 89mm?

I also tried mayday premium 59 x 92mm but as mentioned above they doesn't fir the insert. Also they are a 2-3 mm too high for the cards in my opinion.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin
msg tools
Sleeve size is terrible. The Chimera sleeves cost me 30 GBP in the UK (as much as most other games), and they don't fit properly (1-2 mm too long).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Inconmon wrote:
Sleeve size is terrible. The Chimera sleeves cost me 30 GBP in the UK (as much as most other games), and they don't fit properly (1-2 mm too long).


I would have liked the M:tG size better too, and will have difficulties finding 700 sleeves for this game :/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin
msg tools
Now that I sleeved the cards... due to them being 1-2 mm too long they also don't fit properly into the box anymore and bend on top.

I think best options is to not sleeve and play carefully instead / rely on lucky duck providing replacements on damaged cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Inconmon wrote:
Now that I sleeved the cards... due to them being 1-2 mm too long they also don't fit properly into the box anymore and bend on top.

I think best options is to not sleeve and play carefully instead / rely on lucky duck providing replacements on damaged cards.


The game (Ultimate edition) doesn't fit in its box anyway once its sleeved, so doesn't really matter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Engemann
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For anyone still looking...
In total, there are 660 cards, broken down this is:
Retail Box - 220
KickStarter - 110
IKoM - 110
Guild War - 110
5th Player - 55
Ragnarok (separate box) - 55

*Edited.. because I can't count - only 55 cards in the 5th player expansion as Vincent pointed out*
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Vergonjeanne
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Krunk377 wrote:
For anyone still looking...
In total, there are 715 cards, broken down this is:
Retail Box - 220
KickStarter - 110
IKoM - 110
Guild War - 110
5th Player - 110
Ragnarok (separate box) - 55


Michael, it's only 55 cards for the 5th player expansion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Streich
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using the Ultra Pro sleeves right now. They fit tightly but with the ultimate set, I'm running out of space quickly in the Kickstarter insert. Any suggestions?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Lecuyer
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have the same probleme with the Ultra Pro Small Matte 62*89 mm. The sleeves are too short in height.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoot McToot
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
LamarrsAnomaly wrote:
Sleeve size has been suggested by the developer here.

The recommended sleeve size is: Ultra Pro Small 62x89.

The actual card size is 58x88.


As a few others have stated above, these sleeves are just under 1mm too short
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't mention in this thead, so here goes: I ordered Ultimate Safeguard, 62*88, and the size varies from one pack to another. But most of them are too short and the card sticks out of the sleeve.

That's expensive and disappointing. These sleeves ended up costing me €40...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Augusta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I sleeved my entire ultimate set with the BCW Board Game Sleeve-BG-58X8 and they fit nicely. Perfect fit on the card and a snug fit in the insert standing up.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chan Yung
msg tools
AlteredKnight wrote:
I sleeved my entire ultimate set with the BCW Board Game Sleeve-BG-58X8 and they fit nicely. Perfect fit on the card and a snug fit in the insert standing up.

I am going to receive my game soon and I am considering using BCW 58x89 sleeves.
Could you upload a photo of your sleeved card?
I would like to compare with Mayday 57.5x89 sleeve.
Thank you very much!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Vergonjeanne
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yung904 wrote:
AlteredKnight wrote:
I sleeved my entire ultimate set with the BCW Board Game Sleeve-BG-58X8 and they fit nicely. Perfect fit on the card and a snug fit in the insert standing up.

I am going to receive my game soon and I am considering using BCW 58x89 sleeves.
Could you upload a photo of your sleeved card?
I would like to compare with Mayday 57.5x89 sleeve.
Thank you very much!


BCW 58x89 is better than the Mayday. Go for it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Long Nguyen
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
So I ordered BCW and it was costly due to shipping...I really hope they fit

Curious to know why standard card sizes weren't used?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I re-sleeved everything with Mayday (packs of 100).
They fit really nicely aside from maybe 10-20 cards that were wider.
And everything, inluding Ragnarok, fits in the box nicely.
Wish I had gone with that from the start.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Long Nguyen
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Razoupaf wrote:
I re-sleeved everything with Mayday (packs of 100).
They fit really nicely aside from maybe 10-20 cards that were wider.
And everything, inluding Ragnarok, fits in the box nicely.
Wish I had gone with that from the start.


Sigh. Too late to cancel that order of 600 sleeves.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.