3 Posts

Shadowrun: Crossfire – High Caliber Ops» Forums » Rules

Subject: Charm, Drone Arsenal and Hat Trick upgrades rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Frey
Germany
flag msg tools
How are the Charm, Drone Arsenal and Hat Trick upgrades supposed to work?
I'm particularly struggling with the wording "The first time you play...". Does this mean

(a) "The first time [in the mission] you play x during turn do y" i.e. the effects are limited to being used only once per mission

or

(b) "On your turn if you play x do y once" i.e. the effects can be used on every turn of the player who has the upgrade, if the requirements (x) are fulfilled.

or

(c) something entirely different

E.g. in the case of Hat Trick x would be "3 cards of the same name" and y would be "deal one level of damage to an obstacle facing you"

The same question came came to my mind regarding the Prime Runner upgrade from the base game, although there the wording seemed to suggest to me that it was meant to be usable on every turn of the player i.e. (b), but correct me if I'm wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those upgrades are usable once on each of your turns.

The key text that indicates that is that they say "the first time you ... during your turn".

Abilities usable only once per game will say e.g. "the first time you ... each game".

It would have been marginally clearer to write "the first time you ... during each of your turns" but the tradeoff is that's more text. I think some of them could have been written more succinctly overall, but hopefully now you know and it's good enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Frey
Germany
flag msg tools
Wow, thanks for the quick reply

That was also how I interpreted it the first time around, but then I probably started overthinking it. I'm glad that option (b) is correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.