Popular Tags: [View All]
P.J.
United States
Delhi
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve had this game in my collection for a while as I have been tending to do a bit more solo gaming lately. With that in mind, I will usually only add to my collection if there’s a solo variant, but I really love games specifically for solo play.

For whatever reason, I took a while to play this one. But with an extra day off today, I finally set it up. I read the rules and watched a play through. At that point, I felt I had everything ready to go and away I went.

Early on, I didn’t think I stood a chance. For one, it was my first game. Things couldn’t go that well, could they?

I loved how the game unfolded. And I didn’t even utilize one thing I should have – turning in cards for conversation points, as I forgot all about it.

Still, I thought I was done for. I had some dice come back bad a few times in key spots and one of my terror cards added two more hostages. Not good. Still, I was enjoying the game and trying to figure when to and when not to use cards. I thought things out the best I could.

And as the game dwindled, I was done for. Alas, one of the terror cards I had drawn earlier was going to allow me to take any card I wanted. Knowing I needed to go for it, I grabbed the final card that would allow me to save four hostages and eliminate the abductor – if all went well.

Then I came to the ending. After the final turn, it was time to go all in or go home. I had built my hand for this final conversation, figuring it was going to be the time to do it. As I set things up, I had the two re-roll cards ready to use. I used the “You need to trust me card,” which would hopefully make it so a four would be a success. I got one hit on it, thus meaning only the roll would give me a chance to win with 4, 5, or 6. But I needed two hits.

On the first roll – one hit and one “4,” which gave me the improbable win! I had the two re-roll cards still left that I was ready to use, but I didn’t end up needed to play them!

Such a fun game. I am definitely looking forward to many more plays. I look forward to all the expansions to come from the Kickstarter campaign. Great fun for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martins
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game indeed! Each abductor gives a slightly different experience which helps keep the game fresh. Thx for your session report!... it reminded me that I'm long overdue to get this game to the table again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Paltrineri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, definitely playing this again tonight. It got lost in the shuffle of other games, so thanks for the reminder.

Now, which abductor to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.