Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: ...lion or flower knight ? please help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juan b
msg tools
i have doubt flower knight is really make the game to easy ?

it lion knight a great expansion ?

thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
flower knight is a fun showdown, hes not difficult to beat but its fun fighting him. His rewards make the game easier but the game is very hard anyway.

The lion knight makes the game harder, hes fun to fight aswell but hes a challenge.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Like n knight adds special nemesis showdowns that happen in addition to normal showdowns, so can be a good way to quickly get weapon mastery, or a way of losing even more survivors.

I haven't used the gear, or the hybrid armour. Though the hybrid armour is interesting, but only useable is using the core monsters.

The flower knight gear is sort of game breaking. You can get the best bow in the game in year 6.

3 shots accuracy 6+ range 5, deadly, with the option for slow, range 9 and +4 accuracy.

It also doesn't have cumbersome, like the other bows.

The flower ight also gives 1 random survivor the sleeping flower virus cursed item for +1 luck. Add this to a luck stone (the three items work well together for affinities) and +1 luck from graves and you have an archer who is critting on a 6+.

The flower knight is also easy to kill to gain the resources needed to make the bow.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
if they made the flower knight bow cumbersome i think it would fix the main issue. Then the only issue left with the flower knight is a reason to hunt him past lvl 1.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
gorkel wrote:
if they made the flower knight bow cumbersome i think it would fix the main issue. Then the only issue left with the flower knight is a reason to hunt him past lvl 1.


To get more sleeping flowers and to complete the green knight armour.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
One interesting twist on Flower Knight. In the KS campaign update #23 Poots said he is adding +2 new brutal AI Flower Knight cards to the gambler chest so he is not so easy. So if you are backing and getting the gambler's chest you will have new cards to make him more challenging.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Slaaneth wrote:
gorkel wrote:
if they made the flower knight bow cumbersome i think it would fix the main issue. Then the only issue left with the flower knight is a reason to hunt him past lvl 1.


To get more sleeping flowers and to complete the green knight armour.


lol
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rookswj wrote:
One interesting twist on Flower Knight. In the KS campaign update #23 Poots said he is adding +2 new brutal AI Flower Knight cards to the gambler chest so he is not so easy. So if you are backing and getting the gambler's chest you will have new cards to make him more challenging.


thought they came with the update. If they dont then i think they should be a part of the 1.5 update as opposed to the gamblers chest. Infact i think a few expansions could use a few tweaks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
gorkel wrote:
Rookswj wrote:
One interesting twist on Flower Knight. In the KS campaign update #23 Poots said he is adding +2 new brutal AI Flower Knight cards to the gambler chest so he is not so easy. So if you are backing and getting the gambler's chest you will have new cards to make him more challenging.


thought they came with the update. If they dont then i think they should be a part of the 1.5 update as opposed to the gamblers chest. Infact i think a few expansions could use a few tweaks.


It's a tough call. Seems he wants the original expansions identical for ease of producing (minus a few grammar updates). Adding cards to the 1.5 core would seem out of place as this is stand alone without any expansion content. I think he sees the gambler chest as his dump all additional content. but it would be cool to have a pledge for add on expansion cards to tweak a few of them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Brännström
Sweden
Svensbyn
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go for the Lion Knight, for the cool showdown. But both expansions is really cool imo.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I like them both, however a newcomer should get the flower knight.

If you don't spoil the game for yourself (by reading strategies here and on Reddit), you will probably fail your first and second campaign around the butcher, and having some help at that point can ease the frustration, if you are that kind of player.

Lion knight is absolutely lethal if you don't understand some core mechanics, and is still unbeatable if you don't come somewhat prepared. Granted, you'll learn to lose the first two encounters with only one dead, but still, it's brutal for a new player. He makes me laugh, though, so I always add it nonetheless!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dont think flower knight appears until lantern year 5 and butcher is lantern year 4
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
In a single campaign, you will fight the Lion Knight at least 3 times. You will be inclined to fight the Flower Knight probably twice unless you go for one of the rarer but quite powerful builds based on his gear. Over multiple campaigns, I think you will be more inclined to add the Flower Knight more often than Lion Knight.

My personal preference would be Flower knight, but pick which you like the flavour of most.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italic Font
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkel wrote:
if they made the flower knight bow cumbersome i think it would fix the main issue.

Absolutely not, the main issue is how powerful the bow is for when you get it, cumbersome is not a problem when you have access to a range 9 attack.

The issue is the bow turns up too early in the campaign and creates a massive power spike because between one and three survivors have an end game weapon in LY5.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkel wrote:
dont think flower knight appears until lantern year 5 and butcher is lantern year 4


Yup, you usually don't game over DURING the Butcher fight. You usually remain with 2 or 3 survivors and Survival of the Fittest AFTER the Butcher fight FK can help in two distinct ways:
- you can +pop without rolling
- you can survive its showdown while bringing home resources (ok, that probably can't be done with 2 survivors or 3 really badly equipped survivors, but still).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.