Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Fabled Fruit» Forums » Rules

Subject: Moving to an occupied location, revealing your hand, the discard pile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
1. Say I move to a location occupied by 3 other players, and I only have 2 cards in my hand. Must I give 1 card from my hand to 2 different players who occupy that location or can I give both cards in my hand to one of the players at that location?

2. If a player must reveal his hand (e.g., location #17), does the player reveal his hand to all other players or only to the player whose turn it is?

3. Is the discard pile face-up or face-down? If face-up, can any player examine it at any time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
1. Say I move to a location occupied by 3 other players, and I only have 2 cards in my hand. Must I give 1 card from my hand to 2 different players who occupy that location or can I give both cards in my hand to one of the players at that location?

2. If a player must reveal his hand (e.g., location #17), does the player reveal his hand to all other players or only to the player whose turn it is?

3. Is the discard pile face-up or face-down? If face-up, can any player examine it at any time?

1) You give the two cards to the players of your choosing. You do not have to have enough cards to give to everyone, but you have to give one to two different players. You cannot give two to the same person. The rules explicitly state, "You must give 1 fruit of your choice to EACH of them. If you do not have enough, you must give away all your remaining fruits, but you choose who will receive each fruit." If you were to give two fruits to one player, that wouldn't be giving a fruit to EACH player.

2) When a player reveals his/her hand, they show everyone simultaneously (like for card #4 for instance). For card #17, my interpretation is that if you do not have the required fruit, you show everyone at the table. I take this as a sort of penalty for not having the requirement. There is nothing in the rules that states that you only show the player whose turn it is.

3) We play the discard pile face up. I don't see any rule that dictates whether players can look through the discard pile or not. I also don't see any rule or picture that dictates if the discard pile should be face up or down. House rule it I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
GoingTopShelf wrote:
I take this as a sort of penalty for not having the requirement. There is nothing in the rules that states that you only show the player whose turn it is.

I interpreted it not so much as a penalty but rather to simply prove that their hand didn't contain the necessary card. That led me to think that perhaps they would only show the player whose turn it was. If everyone at the table sees their hand, then it is more like a penalty because now everyone at the table has more information to work with.

However, I suppose given the fact that the rules don't specify this one way or another, my tendency would be to interpret it the way you did...that everyone at the table gets to see their hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think either interpretation is fine. The way we play it, given that the player without the card has to show everyone at the table what they have, it makes it nearly impossible to win the round because that information is invaluable and blocking other people is as much a part of the game as set collecting for yourself. It all depends how cutthroat you want to make the game I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Adams
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I would like some further clarification on point number 1. What if you have zero fruits in your hand? I am clear what happens if you do not have enough for EVERY person but what if you do not have enough for ANY person? Is moving to an occupied space even a legal move at that point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Jade Marmoset wrote:
I would like some further clarification on point number 1. What if you have zero fruits in your hand? I am clear what happens if you do not have enough for EVERY person but what if you do not have enough for ANY person? Is moving to an occupied space even a legal move at that point?

The rules say:
Quote:
If you do not have any fruits left in your hand, you can move to any new location occupied by other players without giving them fruits.

(p3, just under the bit about what happens if you don't have enough fruit for every person in the location.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.