Notre Dame: 10th Anniversary» Forums » General

Subject: Notre Dame - Test of time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lithuania
Vilnius/London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In light of the upcoming anniversary edition of Notre Dame, would like to ask owners - has it stood the test of time for you? Do you still play it and how do you rate it today?

Glad to see this game getting reprinted thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Just played it about a week ago. I like it better now than I did when it first came out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulises Fasoli
France
Thonon-les-bains
Haute Savoie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also played it recently.
It's not my favorite Feld but I find it still a valid game and enjoy it pretty much, plus it plays quickly.
One thing thay helps replayability is the new persons expansion (which will be included in this anniversary edition).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreux Barbier
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a friend's copy a few times recently. Feels better each time... Granted, I've only played a total of 6 times. Few years ago, a few times, and then few times in 2016.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ferrise
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
(Instagram) @thebrewinggamer
badge
(Instagram) @thebrewinggamer
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite Feld behind Castles of Burgundy - and sometimes ahead of it, depending on the day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Trout
Australia
Jewells
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Every Gamer's Guild
mbmbmbmbmb
Played for the first time at CanCon (Australia) last week end, played a lot of games including many 2016 releases (so amongst good competition). First impression was that I liked it being easy to play, having a quick play time, and pleasant artwork. Can't really think of much that shows it's age - seems to tick the boxes for 2016 games of this weight.

Definitely much lighter than Castles of Burgundy - closer to a gateway game perhaps. Certainly easy to learn. The player interaction is relatively low, probably about right for its weight. Interaction comes from the card drafting and one of the actions which has everyone travelling across Paris collecting rewards from each of the borough's.

Others who have played it more could speak better for its replay. Seems to me the new cards will add to that.

Will it be an Insta-buy for me? No, but would be interested in seeing if what my family and others in my game group think of it, and am sure to enjoy a couple more plays deciding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Martin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just lost wrote:
In light of the upcoming anniversary edition of Notre Dame, would like to ask owners - has it stood the test of time for you? Do you still play it and how do you rate it today?

Glad to see this game getting reprinted thumbsup

Sorry to answer so late...

Notre Dame has been listed as my favourite game of all time (though I often like heavier games) for many years, Puerto Rico as a close second.

Every year I study BGG weekly for games I would like, buy several every year. I still can't say that I've played any games better than these two.

We've played ND about 200 times maybe? Mostly very replayable, at times it may feel a bit repetitive, but we still play it about 5x per year now, I guess.

It's biggest strengths, for me:

- every action is a significant decision
- I love 'play a card as an action' games
- significant decisions per play time is one of the best ever
- very cool 'engine building' or 'increasing efficiency' mechanics
- multiple paths to victory
- low luck factor
- low chaos factor
- most decisions are 1 of 3, minimizing AP
-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.