Hide
6 Posts

Skull» Forums » Rules

Subject: Forced bid when out of cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
digital mcq
msg tools
Is there a rule that governs what happens when a person's turn comes up but that player has already put all of the cards down?

I'm not asking about what happens when a player is only down to one card total, but rather what happens when a player runs out of cards over the course of a round.

For example, if I have two cards but everyone else has four, what do I do when it is my turn and I am out of cards? Do I have to bid? Am I out of the round?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
owen graven
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A player who runs out of cards during a round is forced to take a bet.

If when he flips a skull he loses his last card, then he's out of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
digitalmcq wrote:
Is there a rule that governs what happens when a person's turn comes up but that player has already put all of the cards down?

I'm not asking about what happens when a player is only down to one card total, but rather what happens when a player runs out of cards over the course of a round.

For example, if I have two cards but everyone else has four, what do I do when it is my turn and I am out of cards? Do I have to bid? Am I out of the round?

Thanks!

You have to do something, either play a card or start the bidding. If you have no cards, then your action is determined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
digital mcq
msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babap Trickster
msg tools
Here is the thing:

If you bid less than your number of disc on your mat, you only flip up the top one(s). So you can bid something like 1, and someone is guaranteed to outbid you.

So the only fatal situation is: you have only 1 disc left and it is your skull.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Why is someone guaranteed to outbid you? They could have all played their skulls somewhere in their top two cards. Or they might be trying to bluff that they have a skull somewhere in their top two cards. Or they might think you've deliberately played your skull second in the expectation you'll be outbid and want to trick someone into revealing it.

Skull is a beautifully deep game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.