Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Kopah
United States
Bad Axe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still have not seen my pledge rewards (no package, no email with a tracking # or even a confirmation that it has been shipped).
...which is suspicious as the (canned) response they sent me 5 weeks ago said it was among those processing to be sent:
Hawk Wargames wrote:
We apologise for not responding sooner, whilst we are unable to give specific shipping dates for individual pledges we can confirm that your order is amongst those being processed at this time and you should receive an email confirming courier and tracking information as soon as it is ready to dispatch.

I understand (and even expect) that Kickstarters run late, but it has now been 6 months since their original delivery estimate and over 2 months since the game has gone to retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Kopah
United States
Bad Axe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original shipping date given during the Kickstarter was:

Hawk Wargames wrote:
June 2016, shipped to anywhere in the world

In July after things went late, they assured us that we would receive our pledges before retail.

Hawk Wargames wrote:
2. Will Dropfleet Commander be sold before rewards are sent out?

We will not be retailing any product that has not yet been dispatched to backers first. As mentioned above, we are planning to release on general sale in September, and we hope to have all elements of the rewards out to backers before this date.

August

Hawk Wargames wrote:
Firstly, we want to give you an update on where we are at and what the last few steps are. We have every plastic sprue, and every resin model being packed currently into sets and rewards in our warehouse. Along with this, we have all the dice, tapemeasures, pins, dog-tags, and UCM credits too (as well as many other elements). We are just now waiting on a print delivery to arrive in order for us to begin shipping out rewards. This print delivery (all printed in the UK as planned) has been the main reason behind the extended delay to getting all rewards out, but we are committed, above everything, to getting your rewards dispatched before any product is sold in a retail environment. We have a lot of your rewards being packed and have been collating all the various elements that feature in each backer reward.

The printed materials arrived early in September.

Hawk Wargames wrote:
The dispatch process should take an estimated 3 weeks due to the quantity of shipments and collections, though we have organized extra vehicles in advance to ensure we get shipments out as quickly as possible, and with as high a quantity as possible. During this period we will endeavor to get back to you quickly about any questions you may have, though we have planned to utilise some of our brilliant office team for extra shifts at our warehouse and dispatch centre.

Retailers had the game in stock and ready to sell by mid-October. The majority of backers still had not received shipping notices for their pledge rewards. I believe it was around this time that we also found out that our pledges would arrive loose in a shipping box (no retail boxes, just sprues and printed material tossed in a bag).

November 15th:

Hawk Wargames wrote:
Sorry for the delay since our last update. We are now entering our final days of packing and dispatching pledges. Once more, we would like to apologize for the dispatch rate, which has been slower than anticipated, despite the continuing dedicated work of the entire team. Almost all the team are still on site and working as many hours as possible for sustained output.

Those "final days" have now stretched into the new year...

...this was also the update that they addressed further waves to retail:

Hawk Wargames wrote:
Due to the continuing need to focus on dispatching the last pledges, and the fact they are not yet out, we have moved the retail release date of the Battleships further back, to December 2nd which also coincides with the planned release of the Modular Space Station and Launch Assets Packs. We are sorry for this additional delay to the release of these products, but we hope it is understandable for our commitment to prioritise the shipment of Kickstarter pledges over any further retail waves.

Battleships and Modular Space Stations have also now been released to retail... (along with multiple shipments of the product that we funded)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Kopah
United States
Bad Axe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then the numbers began:

November 20th
Hawk Wargames wrote:
Real numbers: we have around 550 pledges left to pack, and another 180 (on top of this that are already packed) left to process for shipping. We expect, based on our rate of between 110-250 packed pledges per day, that we should be able to finalise all packing this coming week. We will put out another update with the revised numbers that need packing and shipping at the end of this week.

November 26th
Hawk Wargames wrote:
We have 160 Commodore Pledges left to pack. We have around 150 pledges which are either Late Backer or remaining other pledges left to pack.

December 6th
Hawk Wargames wrote:
We have around 285 packages left that are packed that need to be shipped out, which we are now allocating more of our team towards to ensure we can get these out as quickly as possible. These are all Commodore Pledges. We would request that if you are worried that you haven't received your pledge yet, that you email info@hawkwargames.com and we will get back in touch about your pledge. As we have mentioned before, there have been a few issues with the export process and subsequently some pledges and information were not exported correctly. We wish therefore to make sure that anyone not with their pledge (who isn't a Commodore) gets in touch with us so we can get this sorted out as quickly as possible.

This update was just 5 days after the "your order is currently processing" email that I received (in my first post).

December 9th
Hawk Wargames wrote:
We have packed every pledge that we have from our exports.

...somewhere along the line they notified us that there were export problems with some of the pledges and that we should contact them. Mine apparently wasn't one of them because it was "currently processing" according to their email response...

Hawk Wargames wrote:
We have approximately 140 packages of the pre packaged pledges left to ship out (going down as we type this as another few labels and consignment notes are printed off and affixed to another few boxes). We then have the late backer pledges to ship out. As mentioned above, we will be getting back to those people who have been emailing us with their queries as quickly as we are able, and will be resending some pledges that have been returned to us or where there have been address issues. We will be doing everything we can to get all remaining pledges out to backers before the end of this year!

My backer number is 309, by the way... you may also have noticed that they didn't get them all out by the end of the year...

December 14th
Hawk Wargames wrote:
Regarding the shipping, we have approximately one pallet of parcels (about 20) plus the late backers left to ship out, and we are also beginning to go through the missing orders that are coming in.

There were more than 20 (many many more) early backers in a Facebook thread stating they were without their pledges at that time. I suspect that the true number is still probably in the hundreds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Kopah
United States
Bad Axe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and today I received a notification that they have my package ready to be collected by UPS. Coincidence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Innella
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't have mine either nor do I have a shipping date. Instead I have a generic response saying that they are "investigating a number of pledge statuses and will get back to me as soon as we know more." I have backed a number of Kickstarters and even had one never deliver, but none have left as bad a taste in my mouth as this company. They have consistently put out misleading information and are treating Kickstarter backers as second class citizens.

I can only conclude one of two things: 1) they are the most incompetent group of individuals ever to run a company or 2) we are their lowest priority because they already have our money.

Either way, Hawk will not get another $ from me and I will take every opportunity to let people know of my experience. If you look at the comments section on the Kickstarter page for the game is is clear that hundreds of people did not get their pledges in a timely fashion and there are still an unknown number of people (myself included) who have no idea when or if they will receive theirs. Even when we do, we don't get a box to keep the contents in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap, I'm happy I backed out of this KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Kopah
United States
Bad Axe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A thread started early this morning on the Facebook group attempted to count up undelivered pledges by members there. It is currently up to 37.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
8thDay wrote:
A thread started early this morning on the Facebook group attempted to count up undelivered pledges by members there. It is currently up to 37.

That's really unfortunate. My order arrived, but it didn't until December, it was in the last 100 before they started moving on to late backers and lost-in-the-crack pledges. I'm still glad I backed the KS; the minis and the game are awesome, but can understand how frustrated so many of the backers have been.

I wish Hawk would be a bit more communicative. In November and early December they upped their communications, and people at least knew what was going on, but now they appear to have gone silent again.

At least I do see regular posts on Facebook of people receiving their pledges, so they *are* getting them out. There's been no malice or trickery on the part of Hawk, just pure incompetence from jumping into something they've never done before (plus lack of communication.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Kopah
United States
Bad Axe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
At least I do see regular posts on Facebook of people receiving their pledges, so they *are* getting them out.

That Facebook count is up to 52 now.
A remarkably high number considering that this informal tally only includes those who are a member of the Facebook group, visited since this morning, and chose to post.

I'm still going with this:
8thDay wrote:
I suspect that the true number is still probably in the hundreds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario PACE
Malta
flag msg tools
I wrote my first email to them 7th December 2016, no reply till today. Missing and damaged items in the package I received. Left comments on KS and FB and contacted Dave but no luck. Shame on Hawk, now I am boycotting the company and its games until they decide to treat their customers with respect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avien
Ireland
flag msg tools
I'm still waiting but I am inclined to cut them some slack since it was they had 3918 backers on the kickstarter and it ballooned to over 7k with late backers. The campaign without late backers exceeded the goal by 1573% and I've no idea what they ended up with the late backers. It was plain to see they weren't ready for that and they only realised the amount of stuff they'd have to sort through when it arrived. I saw an interview with Dave on Beasts of War and I thought he was genuinely bothered by the delays.

After being involved in Alien vs Predator, this kickstarter is grand.... I'm not saying it's acceptable, but I think they got in waaaaay over their heads and are at least slowly digging their way out of the mess. There was no easy fix - they physically couldn't fit more people in to help with packing.

Better communication would always be nice though. Still I'm happy I backed it - I'd be happier if I had my stuff of course!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Kopah
United States
Bad Axe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The count is up to 73 now.

Here is a link to the Facebook thread if anyone wants to add themselves to it (you will need to join the Dropfleet group):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1194688467223904/permalink/1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thor Ragnarsson
msg tools
mbmbmb
It isn't that the pledge isn't in my hands, I understand that it is a kickstarter. What is getting more and more frustrating, to the point of anger, is that I have sent an email due to their rules and didn't send another for weeks and now just sent my 4th email all without any form of response, from email or otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harris
New Zealand
flag msg tools
I made the mistake of backing Hawk Wargames Dropfleet Commander Kickstarter.

Eight months have passed since Hawk Wargames started shipping pledges to backers in September 2016. I waited patiently for my pledge to ship. It never did. I contacted Hawk Wargames at the beginning of April and they undertook to ship my pledge. Two months later and the pledge has still not shipped.

During the Kickstarter Campaign Hawk Wargames undertook to ship to backers before shipping to retail. They broke that promise. The game has been in retail for months.

The focus of Hawk Wargames appears to have shifted to retail and game conventions. The Kickstarter campaign ended in December 2015. I've paid Hawk Wargames £245.00 + £10 postage and I have not received a single thing from my pledge. I live in New Zealand so that works out to be an awful lot of money.

I've asked them repeatedly to either ship my pledge or provide me with a refund. They keep saying they will ship my pledge but have not. They refuse to provide me with a refund yet they advertise on their website that if any customer is dissatisfied they will provide a refund.

Despite talking about how committed they were to building and supporting the community Hawk Wargames abandoned the Kickstarter comments forum. They have taken no proactive action to identify backers who have not been shipped their pledge. Backers, such as myself, have been forced to repeatedly contact Hawk Wargames.

I thought I was safe backing an established Company. I believed the undertakings they made to backers during the Kickstarter campaign. Unfortunately, things have not turned out the way I hoped. The Company has had no issue shipping to retailers across the world and organising to attend gaming shows and tournaments. Yet Hawk Wargames has taken no action to date to ship my pledge or refund me.

In my experience Hawk Wargames is not a Company that can be relied upon to meet its commitments. An honest ethical business, which operates with integrity, owns it's mistakes and quickly moves to rectify them. No so Hawk Wargames.

I am left not knowing whether Hawk Wargames will ever chose to honour its legal obligations and ship my pledge or, as they are seeming unable to do so, refund my pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.