Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Clark
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/225297

Also, Mansions of Madness: Recurring Nightmares Figure and Tile Collection @ $31.99

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/231846

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Smithwick
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Chip Theory Games ... I'm a believer!
badge
Hot Air Balloons ... nuff said!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to play Seafall, but due to reviews, I have shied away from the initial price-tag. I am hoping to find a deal at some point for $30 before I pull the trigger.

Anyone care to comment on the game (of course, no spoilers) as to this plan? Or is it worth the $40 price I have seen a few times now? Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Berry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion328 wrote:
I really want to play Seafall, but due to reviews, I have shied away from the initial price-tag. I am hoping to find a deal at some point for $30 before I pull the trigger.

Anyone care to comment on the game (of course, no spoilers) as to this plan? Or is it worth the $40 price I have seen a few times now? Thanks in advance!

A little hard to answer the question about whether it’s worth it *to you* since I’m not you. That said, let’s assume you’ve read some non-spoiler reviews and you feel this sort of game is for you – euro, longer, strategic play, legacy format. So then, the question is simply around price point.

Then yes, it is worth it – at $40, at the original $80, and probably even at $120. Why? For the sheer volume of game time you get. 4 players, 2-3hrs per game – 15 games to complete. So about 40hrs of gaming, easy math. Especially if your group splits the cost, but worth it even if just you.

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
mecheng_analyst wrote:
Orion328 wrote:

A little hard to answer the question about whether it’s worth it *to you* since I’m not you. That said, let’s assume you’ve read some non-spoiler reviews and you feel this sort of game is for you – euro, longer, strategic play, legacy format. So then, the question is simply around price point.

Then yes, it is worth it – at $40, at the original $80, and probably even at $120. Why? For the sheer volume of game time you get. 4 players, 2-3hrs per game – 15 games to complete. So about 40hrs of gaming, easy math. Especially if your group splits the cost, but worth it even if just you.

Hope this helps

But is it worth the time? Or am I going to spend 40 hours and $40 on a game that I wish I had spent elsewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If this keeps falling, I might jump on it even with the so-so reviews. Then again, I look at my shelf and see a few problems:

Risk Legacy -- 2 games in [1 guy comes infrequent and the other just had a baby]
Pandemic Legacy -- 6 games in [1 guy had a baby]

SO...not sure if I should invest in something like this that needs a 'core' group. Granted my problems are easily fixed, but there is something in the back of my head...maybe I can get the same group back.

Risk Legacy; no major packages open yet and the 2 winners are still active in the group. Just find a couple new players given the rules of the game.

Pandemic Legacy -- can still play with 3 or just have a ghost 4th player and have it be a communal player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
KingD21 wrote:

Risk Legacy -- 2 games in [1 guy comes infrequent and the other just had a baby]
Pandemic Legacy -- 6 games in [1 guy had a baby]

I'd lean toward saying that if you're having trouble keeping groups going on both of those Seafall is going to be a waste of money at any price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Smithwick
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Chip Theory Games ... I'm a believer!
badge
Hot Air Balloons ... nuff said!
mbmbmbmbmb
falafel007 wrote:
mecheng_analyst wrote:
Orion328 wrote:

Hope this helps

But is it worth the time? Or am I going to spend 40 hours and $40 on a game that I wish I had spent elsewhere?

I actually think that both of you have helped the decision. I think that I am willing to take a risk on it from the amount of play that I'd get from it.

I've played Risk Legacy five times now and have enjoyed every play. While I'd like to play it more, the group I chose is hard to get in one spot. The group I'll be doing Pandemic Legacy with and eventually Seafall are much more consistent (monthly game group) so I'd risk less on the investment.

I'll do a little more reading before I plunge, but I'm getting close I suspect. Thanks folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Carroll
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I think a big thing about Seafall is that a lot of people are coming into after playing Risk Legacy and/or Pandemic Legacy, and are disappointed that the legacy changes aren't as frequent. So you need to make sure that you're interested in the core game, not just pursuing another legacy experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.