1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: Cardassian expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dario Salvatore
Italy
flag msg tools
Does anyone have information about the release date of the Cardassian expansion? It should be the first one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
havent heard anything but i think the cardassian and ferengi are coming out at the same time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon originally showed Jan 31, but now its May 31.

Not sure how accurate it is, but seems to keep getting delayed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they're updating the rules to include all the houserules mentioned on here to improve the overall game experience :P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Stansfield
Austria
Vienna
European Union
flag msg tools
badge
live every day as if it were your first
mbmbmbmbmb
zfairborn wrote:
Maybe they're updating the rules to include all the houserules mentioned on here

Then the publication date would not be before July, 2017. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:

Not a good sign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fazakerley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First there was the delay with the base game. Now the continual push backs of the expansions. This has been really frustrating and I think it has really hurt the game, which is a big shame because I love this game. I've noticed a lot of the major reviewers have not reviewed the game, possibly these delays have had an impact on this. I think the whole release has been managed very badly, but I don't know where the fault lies. I just hope this doesn't fatally damage the future of the game as I plan on buying all the expansions, whenever they turn up.
Doing a bit of self promotion, I have done a series of videos on the game and plan to do more when the expansions come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cymrusaint wrote:
First there was the delay with the base game. Now the continual push backs of the expansions. This has been really frustrating and I think it has really hurt the game, which is a big shame because I love this game. I've noticed a lot of the major reviewers have not reviewed the game, possibly these delays have had an impact on this. I think the whole release has been managed very badly, but I don't know where the fault lies. I just hope this doesn't fatally damage the future of the game as I plan on buying all the expansions, whenever they turn up.
Doing a bit of self promotion, I have done a series of videos on the game and plan to do more when the expansions come out.

Michael Barnes was game of the year, Vasel, Joel, Arnaudo reviewed it. Who else would you expect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cymrusaint wrote:

agree it is very frustrating. i also hope it does not hurt the future of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
agree it is very frustrating. i also hope it does not hurt the future of the game.

Ya it's frustrating, but I'm happy to have the original.

Can delays hurt the future of this game? If so how?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R2EQ wrote:
Klaxas wrote:

Ya it's frustrating, but I'm happy to have the original.

Can delays hurt the future of this game? If so how?

if the game goes stale before expansions add needed variety then players will loose interest and wont buy the expansions, then since the game lacks sales, future expansions will be canceled.

i am not saying it will happen, im saying i hope it doesnt. i have seen it happen to other games before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Revie

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The game needs a forth faction. The three factions are great, however, as you play the game you want that fourth faction. Waiting may create anticipation or it may just piss you off if you want to play with more than 4 people. I am pissed off, this roll out is a huge mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cymrusaint wrote:

Can you post a link? I'd love to check out your videos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I was rather frustrated to find a flyer for the Cardassian expansion in the core game a got a few weeks ago stating that it was "out now".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kharn3655 wrote:
I was rather frustrated to find a flyer for the Cardassian expansion in the core game a got a few weeks ago stating that it was "out now".

i got the same flyer in august......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to check out the discussions on the separate entry boards for the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
Gale Force Nine unfortunetly posted that the games main designer has passed. I met him at Gencon, he had a lot of great ideas on where he wanted to take this game. For sad to hear of his passing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agntorenge wrote:
Gale Force Nine unfortunetly posted that the games main designer has passed. I met him at Gencon, he had a lot of great ideas on where he wanted to take this game. For sad to hear of his passing.

I am sorry to hear this. my condolences to his friends and family.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.gf9.com/Default.aspx?tabid=227&art_id=5436

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghorro wrote:
ScottE wrote:

Not a good sign.
Note that the listing in question isn't actually from Amazon, but a third-party seller. No reason to think they know any more than we do about when the expansions will actually come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario Salvatore
Italy
flag msg tools
But does no one have a contact with GaleForce to ask for information about the release? On website there isn't any reference to assistance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lemick
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When I was at Essen last October I talked to a couple of the guys at the Gale Force Nine booth. The consensus then was that the expansions would be out this month or next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ML2376 wrote:
When I was at Essen last October I talked to a couple of the guys at the Gale Force Nine booth. The consensus then was that the expansions would be out this month or next.

Any indications on what will be included in the expansion? Is it JUST the Cardassian materials or will they be adding in more planets and Exploration cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RebRob wrote:
ML2376 wrote:

Any indications on what will be included in the expansion? Is it JUST the Cardassian materials or will they be adding in more planets and Exploration cards?

http://www.startrek.com/article/cardassian-union-player-expa...

This says (among other things) that they will come with 10 new Exploration Cards.

Also checked my CoolStuff order, and both expansions now say, "Q1 2017" instead of "December 2016" as of this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fazakerley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Cymrusaint wrote:

Michael Barnes was game of the year, Vasel, Joel, Arnaudo reviewed it. Who else would you expect?

You obviously don't waste your time watching as many gaming videos as I do.
I've been eagerly following this game since I first heard GF9 had the licence to do it. I posted the first link, on the Geek, to a video from Beasts of War previewing the game, way back last year. They have done a few play throughs of GF9 games, but up to now they haven't gone back to the game.
You're right Arnouda did an excellent review just after Gen Con followed some time after by Joel, and well Tom Vasel reviews every game on the planet, hell he even reviewed my friends game. But the other big players, to my mind at least, haven't as yet touched the game. Such as-Shut up and Sit Down, No Pun Included, Board Game Brawl, Board Game Replay, The Discriminating Gamer, Undead Viking.
Look at the video sections on the Geek to see how few video there are for STA, just 28 and 4 of those are mine.Compare that with games that also came out at Gen Con. Arkham Horror 82, Mansions of Madness 128, Terraforming Mars 94, Scythe 139, Mechs v Minions 89.

Just saying:)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.