Subject: QUESTION: RESEARCHING PHENOMENA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our game, a Klingon entered a Phenomenon and successfully survived the hazard roll, thereby taking the research token. Immediately after, on his turn, a Romulan ship entered the same Phenomenon disk and also successfully survived the hazard roll. At this time, there was no research token on the Phenomenon, but we played it that the Romulan got a Research from the supply anyway (it was doing independent research, after all). Later we wondered if this had been a correct interpretation. So....

If a Phenomenon is entered multiple times in a single round by two or more different civilizations, is it only the first one to enter that gets the research or does everyone get a research? If two different races stay in the Phenomenon and "brave the hazard" on their next turns, is it the one who has the first turn who only gets the research or do both get a research token, if they survive?

Edit: I should have added to make clear that in these instances, both races had trade agreements with each other and were at peace, so their ships could occupy the same sites together at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the first ship gains the research token. At the end of the round it refreshes and gets a new token which will be available to the first ship to brave the hazard on the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it only works for the first ship.
consider the phenomena to work at a particular time, and the first ship there is right on time to study it while later ships missed the opportunity and must wait for it to reoccur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Sounds reasonable to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.