Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Scala
Belgium
Hannut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello guys,
I'm not sure to understand how this game work vis-a-vis of the scenario in the box.
Question 1: If I do the tutorial and say the first scenario with a friend. Will I be able to do it again with another friend?

Question 2: I finished the game, what's next? Can I do the first scenario again? Will it be with just the rules of the first scenario or will it be with all rules I learned with all ten scenarios?

I really don't understand the replay-ability of this game. I didn't open the first scenario though... Maybe it will be clearer then, but I prefer to know before starting with a friend and not being able to do it again with some others...

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally replayable and not a legacy game. The scenarios do come in sealed packets so once you open those, they are open and you can toss them, but other than that, there is not really any legacy aspect. A couple of cards get added sometimes, but can be easily removed or not when replaying stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Fuss
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a campaign game with content that unlocks throughout a series of scenarios in the campaign, and not a legacy game. You can replay it with as many people that you wish, you just may need to remove some of the unlocked content if you are playing an earlier scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Scala
Belgium
Hannut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thank you for your answers
I will enjoy that beauty tomorrow then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play the scenarios as many times as you want, but it won't be that interesting to replay them with the same rules. It might feel sort of like doing a crossword puzzle over.

At the end of all scenarios there's some "hard rules" that are unlocked that may make replaying the earlier scenarios more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
You can play the scenarios as many times as you want, but it won't be that interesting to replay them with the same rules.

Well, you can do one more replay to see if you can beat it "better" when knowing what's ahead of you. Then there's the hardcore replay, and a replay using other characters.

I'd say a better comparison is rewatching a mystery show/movie. After resolving it all, you can rewatch it with new eyes, but after a certain amount of rewatching, it gets stale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Schwartzberg
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played through the tutorial and missions 1 and 2 so far, but I have noticed that the cards unlocked in those two missions have a little lock symbol on them with their mission number. I'll assume, and someone that has played through all ten missions can correct me if I am wrong, that the lock number indicates what missions the card are usable for. i.e. a lock with a 2 can only be used from mission 2 and up, not in mission 1 if you replay it.

Barring that, you could also play with different player counts to mix it up the next time you play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're semi correct. The lock indicates what mission the cards were unlocked at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that there is enough room for reply, even with the "same conditions". My guess it depends on the type of player one is.
I played the first few scenarios a few times now (with different people) and the way the game went was kinda different each time.

Of course there's no "ooh.. what's next?" effect after one opened all the missions, but there is plenty... really plenty of room to create new missions and gameplay yourself. (or look for that here or on Facebook)

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Marco. So far I've played the first 4 missions, introducing the game to a few different groups of friends. So I've played the Tutorial through Mission 2 with three groups, Mission 3 with two, and Mission 4 with one. And I'm open to introducing it to a fourth pair of friends later this month, despite having at least three plays on the first three games I'll play with them already.

Replaying a mission is no more or less interesting than replaying after a loss. And introducing it to different people is interesting to me because so far, I've noticed that my different friends take very different approaches to playing, with varying degrees of success, consistency, and putting different challenges on the rest of their teammates to work with them successfully.

One group breezed through Mission 1 effortlessly, but struggled a bit with Mission 2. Another had a very near experience with Mission 1, but blazed through Mission 2 and made it look easy. The first group I mentioned smoked Mission 3 in five or six turns, while the other one that faced Mission 3 went eight turns and had us beginning to worry about running out of time or getting a bad draft that would end it on us.

Even without such wide variety in players, the randomness of the draft and damage will present different tactical challenges even if you're replaying the same mission to give you the same broad strategic goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.