Subject: New Deluxe Edition from Hansen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Dos Santos
United States
Hallandale
Florida
flag msg tools
I just saw and ordered this new version that comes with 200 cases (including 20 brand new ones), metal tokens, as well as co-op variant. Anyone get this yet?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3VUFYG/ref=oh_aui_deta...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! can not believe this game is still alive and kicking!

I own two old versions of this game, and bought several Gibson's copies on ebay to use them as gifts as they were selling for only one pound.
I enjoy these word puzzles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Cairo
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Thanks for the heads-up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragland T. Tiger
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks for this. I was just about to order the old Hansen base version and several of the expansion packs from Big River when I decided to check BGG and found your post...I ordered this version instead and saved some money. The girlfriend is a big Sherlock Holmes fan and I'm hoping to get her off Netflix and into some gaming...wish me luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dos Santos
United States
Hallandale
Florida
flag msg tools
ragsthetiger wrote:
Thanks for this. I was just about to order the old Hansen base version and several of the expansion packs from Big River when I decided to check BGG and found your post...I ordered this version instead and saved some money. The girlfriend is a big Sherlock Holmes fan and I'm hoping to get her off Netflix and into some gaming...wish me luck.

Cool! I still haven't received mine yet but looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dos Santos
United States
Hallandale
Florida
flag msg tools
derdefender wrote:
Nice! Thanks for the heads-up!

You're very welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy - but this version isn't in the BGG database. Did anyone submit it yet?

Edit: Also, I got two pipes and 0 violins in the playing pieces so check yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Christian Book has it on sale at $29.99:

https://www.christianbook.com/sherlock-holmes-deluxe-baker-m...

Very excited for this edition, 200 cases will take a long time to play through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutvik Sanghvi
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
mb
This is really cool!

Any idea what is different from the Gibsons version which is generally unavailable and if available, is priced much higher?

For example:
Are the cases covered the same?T
Is the play method used the same?

Any advice from those who have got the deluxe version would help a lot!

Thanks,
Zany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Chute
United States
29 Palms
California
flag msg tools
I have it, but I don't know what was different because I've never seen the old version.

This version has 6 nice metal game pieces. Peuter or something.
The 'scotland yard' and 'skeleton key' cards are just a cheap pad of pages.
The board seems standard and of fine quality.
The cases (200!) are on index cards, and there is a booklet for every 20 cases with the clues.
The last 20 cases (#181-#200) are said to be new for this edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutvik Sanghvi
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Philip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Moriarty
msg tools
The Gibsons version has some different cases tailored to a British clientele but still very interesting to play. Game play for both versions is the same. Board artwork for Gibsons is different from US version. US Deluxe Edition has all new artwork plus collectible metal tokens. Deluxe US version has complete set of all 200 US cases, which includes 20 all new Cases (#s181-200)published for the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer O
msg tools
Just wanted to jump on here and let everyone know that 221 B Baker Street is now on social media.Head on over to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and give them a follow!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/221bBakerStreetGame/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/221bbakerstgame/ (username: @221bbakerstgame)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/221bbakerstgame (username: @221bbakerstgame)

Happy following!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutvik Sanghvi
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

How different is this from the SH:CD games? I understand one has to move tokens to reach for the clues. But overall are these games shorter, easier and playable by younger players than SH:CD?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zanyguy wrote:
Hi,

How different is this from the SH:CD games? I understand one has to move tokens to reach for the clues. But overall are these games shorter, easier and playable by younger players than SH:CD?

I just ordered this for nostalgic purposes. Played it all the time as a kid. With other kids my age and no adults. We had no problem with it at a younger age. It is kind of like advanced clue if I remember correctly you move to a location and get a clue so on and so on. But I haven't played in like 20+ years. So my memory is fuzzy on the game. I just no I played with friends when I was like 10 to 12 years old

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, my interest in board games and the like has risen recently, and I thought about trying to get more cases for my old copy of 221B Baker Street. When I was searching, I came across this deluxe edition. This was definitely a better way to get all the additional case files I never got the first time around plus some brand new cases. And there are even upgrades to the game like a somewhat larger board, metal game tokens, and alternative rules for solo and co-op play. I'm glad to have all these new cases to play; now I just have to find time to actually play them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carl wolfteich
United States
Bellevue
WA
flag msg tools
Can you tell me if the key and badge cards in this new Deluxe version of 221B Baker St are thin paper or printed on thicker card stock?
thanks very much,
Carl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.