CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the title says...

Game ratings are good, game rankings are good, game reviewers are good, it's all good! I also like cool plastic miniatures in my games, but I'm ok with charming little meeples. Coops are good, with or without traitors (and yes, semi-coops are more than semi-good). I'm totally fine with games that use apps but I'm also ok with games that only use hand-carved dice blessed by technology averse druids.

Legacy games? I haven't played one yet but they sound rip-roaringly good!

Excessively expensive Kick$tarter project$? Define excessively? Because I think the highest I've gone is $120 and that was good. I think it's good that there are more expensive ones, even ones that cost my rent. It's all good!

Games about trains? Good! Games about planes? Good! Games about Chihuahuas? Not so good, but still not actually bad.

Godly games? Heavenly good. Ungodly games? Devilishly good. Light games? Effervescently good. Heavy games? Brain churningly good. They're all good!

Ameritrash? Good!!! Euros? A stately and somber good. Abstracts? Elegantly good.

(EDIT 3) Cooperative games? After much discussion, and a little guidance from our local alpha player, I think we can all agree that they are HARMONIOUSLY good!

Games in the top 10? Good? Games in the next 10? Just as good! Games ranked 216-226? Awesomely good! It's all good!

Honestly, it's all good. No need to be hating on games, systems, reviewers you don't like. It's all games, it's all good.

6Games = Good!!!6

Ok, I feel better now.

Edit: This really needs a poll.
Poll
Games?
Good!
Not good.
      439 answers
Poll created by skutsch

Edit2: To be specific: Rodney Smith is good, to watch. (Even though he never ever ever EVER stops smiling! ); Tom Vasel is good (two giant game shelf thumbs up! thumbsup thumbsup ); Richard Ham (Rahdo) is good (all cuddly C A R E B E A R inch of him ), and Shut up and Sit down are wittily Britishly good (I have nothing to add in parenthesis, sorry).

(OK, fine, here's something...
)

(Edit 4) Also, and you'll have to trust me on this: This cookie is incredibly gooooood.

from https://www.levainbakery.com/chocolate-chip-walnut
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Game ratings are good, game rankings are good, game reviewers are good, it's all good!
Wheres the bacon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Game ratings are good, game rankings are good, game reviewers are good, it's all good!
WhatblankdidblankIblankjustblankread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people's polls can't be relied on as an accurate representation of what they are trying to achieve - every poll is too positive, they never do a bad poll.

I reckon they are shilling for a polling company.

They should be up front about it and at least add a disclaimer - and change their flag to Poland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Goodman
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MMM... Good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But what is better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

tallboy wrote:
Some people's polls can't be relied on as an accurate representation of what they are trying to achieve - every poll is too positive, they never do a bad poll.

They should be up front about it and at least add a disclaimer - and change their flag to Poland.

Yes, there is certainly a lot of 'good' in this for it to be a 'bad' poll.
There does appear to be some kind of sublimal message attached to this one, though, so I might be inclined to question it on that basis.
However, I seem to be feeling...let's see...Good. Yes, that's it. Too good to be bothered questioning.
I'm sure it's all good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
mbmbmbmbmb
tanik wrote:

tallboy wrote:

Yes, there is certainly a lot of 'good' in this for it to be a 'bad' poll.
There does appear to be some kind of sublimal message attached to this one, though, so I might be inclined to question it on that basis.
However, I seem to be feeling...let's see...Good. Yes, that's it. Too good to be bothered questioning.
I'm sure it's all good.

I'm good with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb

Carl, thanks for making my day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'l bad at finding things good, but when they're good, they're realy good. So all's good in the 'hood.

We cool? Cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:

Carl, thanks for making my day!

Well gosh Richard, thanks! blush I truly appreciate all the hard work you game reviewers do.

I was just feeling a little peevish at the negativity out there and I wanted to add my mite of positivity. thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody Klein
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hodor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
skutsch wrote:
I was just feeling a little peevish at the negativity out there and I wanted to add my mite of positivity. thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Word! I often think about simply unsubscribing from General, which would be a shame because there's so many good threads here. And hey, if I had unsubscribed, I would have missed this thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Positivity?
Yes!
Yes!
      96 answers
Poll created by Geert Vinaskov
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good. Grief.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Devery
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why in the world did some people vote "not good"???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryden
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdevery wrote:
Why in the world did some people vote "not good"???

Internet comedy ... (internet bias)

Ask the internet if the sun rose today and 15% will say that it didn't. They might comment that the earth rotated etc. People are funny that way.

Others cannot accept anything as being good. This is commonly referred to as FoxNews syndrome. It affects many people in the U.S. these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On this site we are free to use the word good as we see fit so my definition of good is different to yours in that it only applies if you say it while hopping around the room and repeating it backwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmet U
Turkey
Ankara
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree, to me at least, that the recent negativity of some threads is annoying I don't begrudge anyone from posting their views, it's only when the title is "leading" and/or the opening thread is not only bashing on the topic but shaming others to agree with the OP is truly bothersome to me.

That said, Carl, where was the "Bacon" choice!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
Excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was running under the misapprehension that everything is awesome. Seems that things aren't that good after all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
9% of you say games are bad? Hmmm, seems like 9% of you are clearly in need of a big ol' hug. C'mon, we can turn that frowny face upside down! Who's a good boy (or preferred gender label), who is? You are! Yes you are! Now go back there and change your vote!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking

Spoiler (click to reveal)
It's all gouda
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.