Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myladies, Gentlemen,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

And welcome to the 24 hour contest December 2016.
The basic rules-/discussion-/subscription thread can be found here.

We still have got supporters!
Standing ovations for

Nizo
msg tools
mbmb

who offered to tip 20 for the winner of a month's contest as long as there are at least 3 submissions per month.

And we've got a microbadge you can buy, if you want to show the world, that you participated in the 24 hour contest:

24 Hour Contest participant

Thanks to

'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

for creating the badge!

A new year has started and people usually start with lots of good resolutions into a new year.
Many of them will be discarded, though.
I surely do hope, that none of you is going to discard his resolution to craft and to create PNP games!
However, adhering to those resolution requires just so much discipline ... just enough to become a requirement!

So, this month's requirement will be:

Discipline

Remember: The requirement is just a requirement - not necessarily a theme! It's up to you, how you involve it in your game!

Happy designing and kind regards,
Kai

p.s.:

In the behaviour rules (see link to basic rules thread above) I've written:
Quote:
Please create a second posting in that thread to present your creation.

Please do present your game along with a short description in a posting. The reason I ask you to do this is simple: Creating geeklist entries becomes easier for me because from time to time copy-n-pasting from PDFs produces unexpected results (such as copying only odd symbols into the clipboard ..)
Thanks a lot

Oh, hey - I just figured, you can insert tweets here ...

Let's see, how they turn out:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess it is time to make a Etiquette & Espionage based game: a fine upscale finishing school which specializes in training assassins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a teacher and parent.
I know about discipline.
How do I make it fun?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carolyn Choate
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I'm thinking a game about bharatnatyam dance. Maybe worker placement with time units for practicing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carolyn Choate
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Dancers
by Carolyn Choate

A game of set collection and worker placement

Rules Document
Components

Rules Written Out:

This is a set collection and worker placement game about putting together an Indian dance performance (bharatnatyam) for four players.

Components:
• Board
• Deck of Practice Cards
• Deck of Guest Teacher Cards
• Three clock pieces per player
• First player marker (ankle bells)

Set Up:
Place the practice deck on the “deck” space and put out three cards. Place the guest teacher cards on their deck space. Give each player their colored clocks.

Goal:
Score the most points. The main way to do this is to make complete sets of dancers: a head, torso, and legs. These can be mixed and matched, but you’ll get more points for sets of the same color. There are also additional points available from some of the bonus cards. The third way to get points is with the publicity space. The player who puts the most tokens into publicity over the course of the game gets an additional 10 points, the next most gets 5 and the third most gets 2 points.

How To Play:
Randomly determine a first player. On your turn there are four places you can put clocks. You can place one on “first player” to get the first play in the next turn. You can place one on the Guest Teacher space to pick up two of the bonus cards and pick one to pick, shuffling the other back in (don’t perform these actions until everyone has placed all of their clocks for the round). You can place as many clocks as you want into the publicity space. And you can get cards.

The first player to go to the practice deck space must place two clocks. The second person to go there places one and the third person to go there places one. When it is time to resolve actions the first player to go to the practice deck space gets first choice of the three cards that are face up. The second player gets second choice. The third player can either take the card that is left or take the top card of the deck sight unseen.

Once everyone has placed all three of their clocks, actions are resolved. People getting practice cards place them in front of them in sets of head/torso/legs. (The guest teacher deck has one each of these in wild, making them any color).

Mark how many clocks each player put into the publicity space.
Remove all clocks and begin again with the new first player (whoever took the first player space).

Game End:
Game ends when the guest teacher deck is gone. Complete the actions of that round and then move to scoring.

Scoring:
• +3 points for each full set of dancers
• +3 additional points for each complete set of the same color
• Points for the publicity space
• Points from the guest teacher deck

Image attributions:
By Medha.org (http://www.medha.org/photo.html) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/)], via Wikimedia Commons
By Harinie Jeevitha (http://indiandancer.org) [GFDL 1.2 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/fdl-1.2.html)], via Wikimedia Commons
By Arian Zwegers from Brussels, Belgium [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Bharata Natyam dancer of Sri Devi Nrithyalaya Bharatanatyam school in Chennai (the image licensing info is on that page too).
Persian Silk Brocade - Paisley - Persian Paisley - Seyyed Hossein Mozhgani - 1963.jpg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Rees
South Korea
Daegu
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Guess it is time to make a Etiquette & Espionage based game: a fine upscale finishing school which specializes in training assassins!

Oooh, please do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guy
Wallis and Futuna
Grand Bois Du Nord
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Discipline, eh? I guess I gotta ask:

Does it have to be a family game? Can it be for mature audiences?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
professorguy wrote:

I'm sure some CAH derivative would work... if you were so inclined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
professorguy wrote:

If you want to make it NSFW, go ahead ..

Kind regards,
Kai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mAnIk Farmer
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't done one of these in Ages,
I have started,
It is a MMA Trainer game
You have to be disciplined to get that championship
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Langewisch
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
www.ludolodge.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really love to get involved with these, hoping I can come with an idea and a block of time to execute on it this month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Davis
Canada
flag msg tools
I've got an idea I'll try to hammer out today. For the time being, I'll call it 'Resolutings' until I come up with something.
It's a card game with a new years resolution/healthy living theme where you have to balance exercise/good food with slacking and junk. You get points for playing healthy activity cards, and lose points from junk cards, and few powerful cards let you sabotage or hijack your opponents. Healthy activities played consecutively multiply, but if you don't take a break, you can lose it all. Junk cards also let you draw more cards, so you can benefit from the occasional indulgence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Davis
Canada
flag msg tools
Here is my attempt, I got sidetracked with work, but still managed to get something finished, not as polished as I would have liked.

Rules are below, Link to game pdf here: http://www.14north.ca/resolution_game.pdf

Resolutions!
The point building and balancing game where you have to multiply to win.
Build up sets of healthy activities, with not too many indulgences.
But don't be too strict or you'll run out of cards.
Designed for up to 6 players

Contents:
This game contains the following items;

One Page Rulebook
156 cards in 3 sets, 120 Junk cards, 120 Health Cards, and 18 Balance cards
Plenty of tokens in 6 colours. Not too many needed

Digital copies include a single PDF file, with one rules page, and double sided pages of 9 cards each for simple printing. Junk and Health Cards should be printed twice, but game is playable with a single printing

Set-up:
Shuffle the cards, and deal 3 cards to each player, and place the deck in the middle.

Objectives:
The goal of the game is to get points for healthy activities, with consecutive activities multiplying points. Junk cards break up consecutive sets, and also cost points. They don not multiply when played consecutively. Junk cards allow players to draw cards when played. Running out of cards means the player must ask another player to play a card for him, which may not be ideal.

Playing:
On a turn, a player must play one card from their hand into a row in front of them. Each card is played in sequence with the previous one. Health cards played on consecutive turns should be placed to overlap, indicating a set. Non-set cards should be placed in order without touching the previous card.
If the player does not wish to play a card, they may discard instead.
The current set refers to the last card played and any cards in the same set. If a set has been ended with a balance card, that player has no current set until their next turn.

Scoring:
Each card has a set number of points assigned to it, health cards count positively, junk cards deduct from your score. Each set of health cards are multiplied in order to determine the value of a set. A card with a value of one (1) is added to the previous card (after it has been multiplied by it's preceding card, if any) in the set. Some cards specify that they may not be combined into a set with some other cards. Balance cards may effect the amount or distribution of points.

Winning:
Once all cards in the deck, including the discard pile, which is reshuffled once the deck runs out, the game is over. All players count the points in play, decuct junk cards in play, and deduct any junk cards in their hand from their score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Started 10 hours ago. It's an exercise game. The game itself is fairly easy, working on the card design mostly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Langewisch
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
www.ludolodge.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I'm going for it. My 24 hours starts now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Workout

An exercise racing game. Be the first person to complete the task on the card and grab it to win that victory point. Player with the most points wins. But everyone wind because you are getting exercise.

Contents: 18 cards
Players: 2-30
Time: 20 minutes

Set up:
Form a circle with all you players, make sure each person has enough space to do a jumping jack. Put the cards in a pile face down in the center of the circle, a small stool or table might be helpful in certain situations.

Play:
The player who places the cards in the center will flip one card over. When they are ready they will read the card and say go. The first person to complete the exercise on the card will touch the flipped card to win it. They will then take the card and place it in front of where they are standing. This card is a victory point.

The player who wins the card will flip a card from the deck, look at and go back to their spot. they will then say the card and say "go".

Once all 18 cards are gone, the player with the most cards in front of them wins.

Bonus Play - Collect a set of 3 the same color get one extra point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Langewisch
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
www.ludolodge.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my submission:

Clean Your Room!
A game about tidying up and rearranging for 2-4 players.

Rulebook Link
Components Link

Please let me know if anything is unclear from the rules (to be updated post-contest), I was pretty tired when I was writing them. I really enjoyed participating, though I am definitely exhausted after about 12 hours of straight development. Happy with how it turned out though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Langewisch
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
www.ludolodge.com
mbmbmbmbmb
This morning I did some proofreading of my game's rules with a fresh mind, and made some minor grammatical corrections and clarifications, updating the Dropbox link. This still fell within 24 hours of my start time (I have about an hour left ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have started my idea. Unfortunately, I will not have much time to make nice cards (which, fortunately, aligns very well with my lack of graphical design skill). The rules are quite done in my head, not much balancing is going to happen.

I am going for a solo deck-building vs dice pool game. Obviously, deck building is much more disciplined than dice pooling! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Stand at Wudai Pass

You stand alone in your fight against a single demon. Your structured nature is represented by you having a card deck
to work with. The chaotic demon force will use unpredictable dice pools against you. If you remain disciplined,
you can become stronger, remembering your training. Or you may give in to the dark side to quickly gain
strength, only to be corrupted over time. You have to hold out long enough to help your people escape.

Contents: A4 game board, 36 poker-sized cards
Players: 1
Time: ~20 minutes

Additional components: 20+ six-sided dice.

Rules
Components

Caveat: Unfortunately, there is no art and no testing. This was literally assembled in 2 hours of time. There are many more ideas and concepts, but I just could not fit it in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Williamson
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mb

This is my first time entering into a BGG contest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Williamson
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mb
The name of the game: The Resolution Race

Objective: Be the player most dedicated to their New Year's Resolution!

Game Rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, everyone!

Voting list is online:

24 hour contest - January 2017

Kind regards,
Kai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsww wrote:

This is my first time entering into a BGG contest!

Welcome to the joyful and fascinating world of rushed-out games!

I think everybody should have an avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.