14 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Aside from KD how many boardgames do you own? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
Poll
Including KD, how many boardgames do you own?
1-5
6-10
11-20
21-40
41-60
61-100
100+
      209 answers
Poll created by hwknight

I've been very curious about this for a while now. A big topic of discussion is the relatively high price of KD, compared to other boardgames. It's definitely a big concern for me, but seeing as I spend most of my boardgame time playing KD and I only own 5 other boardgames, and a few IOS ports for my iPad, I manage to justify the expense of owning every old and new expansion. Furthermore, I don't plan on owning more than 10 games at any given time and nothing else near the price and scale of KD.

Is the size of your boardgame collection a factor when determining which expansions to get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely not a factor. I own nearly 400 games, and I also own everything KDM, except pinups and promos. Variety is the spice of life, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
To me KD:M is not on the same level as other games. I can't pull it out and play with any group of friends on a Friday night over some beers. I have to have a set group of friends committed to it. I would put it closer to Dungeons and Dragons in that it takes a committed core group (we had 2 consistent, others rotating for our last settlement). Also, due to the cost and the miniatures I put it more as a hobby in and of itself.

I would say if you just compare the Core game to others then you could put it up against other campaign games, but with the sheer number of expansions and replayability (which is pretty much mandatory due to the difficulty) I place it in it's own category. Think about how many games you have that can take 50+ hours to get through. That's what the Core game provides.

So I guess what I'm saying is that if you just want it as a part of your game collection I would go with the Core alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure of my exact number right now. I have games not added to BGG yet and I am also working on purging my collection at the same time. I want to get my collection down to anywhere between 50 and 75. I love gaming, but I just do not have the time to play all my games right now. So I figured, it would be the best time to find out what games I considered best of the best and only keep those. My collection is not a concern when it comes to how many expansions I get. My most important concern is if I will like the game. Second is that my wife really wants to go to that Disney resort in Hawaii this year and we both also want to go on our first cruise, preferably the Dice Tower one as well. For now, I think its just base game, gamblers, and maybe the crossover for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonahdel
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have somewhere around 21-40 games. Mostly small games, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, being one of the heavier ones.

KD:M gets the most solo & group play as well. At this point, I'm already thinking of reducing my board game collection to make room for the incoming KD:M expansions from this campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nuke_morningstar
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
badge
No Clear Mind
mbmbmbmbmb
My BGG list shows I have 64 board games and 27 expansions.

I would only go for the core (+1-2 expansions AT MOST) if I were you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JONATHAN TAYLOR
United States
Sonoma
Unspecified
flag msg tools
no theme=just maths
badge
a TOAD for 3 turns
mbmbmbmbmb
I have around 200 games but because of KD:M's price-tag, my Kickstarter pledge has another pledge attached to it.... no new games bought in 2017....except for KD:M 1.5 + expansions & Gamblers Chest!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Around 70, but I'm downsizing to around 50. Not including expansions, which between Cthulhu Wars and now KD:M would be insane...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
Apart from Kingdom death I have: blood bowl and space hulk as board games.

I moved to board games from table top miniature games because of the minis and the AI deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7
mbmbmbmbmb
~750. Still getting KD:M and every expansion. It's obviously not a game I can bring out most of the time, but I really want to run a campaign of it and I have the group to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I have about ~20 counting a few games that I backed but don't have yet. I'm fairly new to boardgaming though. I've been in the hobby for three years now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giancarlo Amente
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
...because if I can't win, you can't either! :)
badge
OH...OH...OH....OH...OVERTEXT!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 245 which includes games plus expansions. With this KD 1.5 Kickstarter, I see a large Geeklist Auction in my very near future :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Working on mb, only 7 more to go.

I think subconsciously, the number and nature of board games that I already have does influence how I see the cost and scope of KD:M. I spent more on Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game than that, and I see infinite replayability in a game I'll probably enjoy. Having more games gives more context in both those regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
Working on mb, only 7 more to go.

I think subconsciously, the number and nature of board games that I already have does influence how I see the cost and scope of KD:M. I spent more on Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game than that, and I see infinite replayability in a game I'll probably enjoy. Having more games gives more context in both those regards.

This is very true. The KDM spend makes a lot more sense when considered in the context of all the other gaming I've done. Sure, I spend a lot on KDM, but it's also caused me to slow down and spend less on other games, so it's a bit of a wash. Also, I've spent way more on other "lifestyle" games in the past (MtG, Warhammer, etc.), and that kind of perspective helps justify going all-in on KDM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.