Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » Rules

Subject: Haunt 15 Question - Small spoiler rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
You have to slay the dragon. Does it still get stunned with damage? It doesn't say it doesn't and the regular rules say Monsters always get stunned but it seemed like a huge advantage for the heroes.

And if its stunned can you keep attacking it while its stunned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsters get stunned, unless there are specific rules for damaging the monster in the haunt.

So since you can damage the dragon you can't stun it.

Stunning monsters means you can't kill them, and that would be worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
l-hansen wrote:
Monsters get stunned, unless there are specific rules for damaging the monster in the haunt.

So since you can damage the dragon you can't stun it.

Stunning monsters means you can't kill them, and that would be worse.

That's how we ended up playing it but where does it say that? In fact in the rules it says you can steal from, damage and kill a monster and that monsters are always stunned. I figured the haunt would have specified that it can't be stunned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in the rules, page 10;

Monsters are only stunned when you defeat them, unless a haunt specifies otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
l-hansen wrote:
in the rules, page 10;

Monsters are only stunned when you defeat them, unless a haunt specifies otherwise.

My page 10 is about Events, Items and Omens. On page 18, 2nd edition it says "if a monster would take damage, it is stunned and misses its next turn. Even if a haunt says to do something other than stun monsters when they take damage, they can still be stunned by effects that specifically stun monsters"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm referring to 1st edition. I think 2nd edition screws with your mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
koolkat67 wrote:
l-hansen wrote:
in the rules, page 10;

My page 10 is about Events, Items and Omens. On page 18, 2nd edition it says "if a monster would take damage, it is stunned and misses its next turn. Even if a haunt says to do something other than stun monsters when they take damage, they can still be stunned by effects that specifically stun monsters"

Page 13 second edition rulebook.

Monsters are only stunned when you defeat them, not killed, unless a haunt specifies otherwise
(see “How Monsters Work,” page 18). You can attack a stunned monster if there’s another benefit
from doing so (such as stealing an item from it or killing it with an special item). Stunned monsters
still roll dice to defend, but if the attacking hero loses, he or she takes no damage.

Then referencing the haunt itself...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
And for haunt 15 the books says to do 'something else' when it takes damage, so it isn't stunned EXCEPT for specific stun effects.

Our play of this haunt 3 players was actually very close and was only one turn away from being a survivor win instead of a traitor win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.