Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Does FFG sell extra dice for this game? I could go with about two more sets, since they just aren't enough for the combat rules as written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
they just aren't enough for the combat rules as written.

No. All dice rolls are limited to a maximum of 5 black + 5 red. No additional dice needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
designer
mb
RitterFips wrote:
Quote:

No. All dice rolls are limited to a maximum of 5 black + 5 red. No additional dice needed.

You assign damage with one roll, which on the next player's next roll could be negated by a tactic card. To keep track its much easier for each player to have his own set of dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The damage is blocked before the next players roll. Any unit that will be destroyed end of turn goes to the player mat, all other stay on the board. Then you pass the dice to the next player.

It might be convenient to have a second dice set, but it is not required to follow the combat rules as written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
designer
mb
ok thanks. I misplayed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sugadaddy wrote:
RitterFips wrote:
Quote:

You assign damage with one roll, which on the next player's next roll could be negated by a tactic card. To keep track its much easier for each player to have his own set of dice.

By the way: the damage markers are included to keep track of the assigned damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra dice are not needed, but they'd be really nice to have for convenience. I.e. not always having to pass them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy an extra set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghorro wrote:
I'd buy an extra set.

Yeah, me too. If each side had their own dice, it would make it that much more smooth to play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was a kid we shared the dice. I never thought it was very hard to do - We never even borrowed dice from other games. Then came the "internet age" and everybody lost their social skills and it became too fecking hard to just pass the dice when you are not using them...

I want an extra set or two as well.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshal Anderson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made my own - thought I had a pic somewhere but can't find it. Used indented dice and sticky photo paper. I've done that fro quite a few games now - Battle of Britain, CaC etc. - It's not as aesthetically pleasing I guess, but it's usually cheaper :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
grumbletweezer wrote:
I made my own - thought I had a pic somewhere but can't find it.

Here it is

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23601329#23601329

grumbletweezer wrote:
I just knocked these up using blank indented dice. Not very aesthetically pleasing, but they do the job. I think it will make the combat go a bit quicker now we can roll simultaneously.

Grumbs

They certainly don't look too bad in a pic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshal Anderson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perf wrote:
grumbletweezer wrote:
I made my own - thought I had a pic somewhere but can't find it.

Here it is ;)

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23601329#23601329

grumbletweezer wrote:
I just knocked these up using blank indented dice. Not very aesthetically pleasing, but they do the job. I think it will make the combat go a bit quicker now we can roll simultaneously.

Grumbs

They certainly don't look too bad in a pic. :)

If I was going to do them again I'd make the red-or-black-explody-symbol half red and half black to help remember what it does :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.