Popular Tags: [View All]
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember hearing about that this game will get an expansion, but there hasn't been much news regarding this released. Is it still in development with the intent to release?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
I remember hearing about that this game will get an expansion, but there hasn't been much news regarding this released. Is it still in development with the intent to release?

Yes, it's still in development with the intent to release. It's on pause right now because of other projects, but we'll definitely return to it.

I've written sporadically about the development and the latest post about it is here: Burn a Bigger Dystopia is shaping up – tweaking, tuning, and troubleshooting.

That post dates back to early October, though, and changes have been made since then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Nordstrom
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Board Games are Old School, I Be Old School
mbmbmbmbmb
that's been a common refrain. Too bad, this project has been stuck on "35%" for a couple years now. I love Scythe, but a Euphoria expansion would have been more welcome than a Scythe expansion. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evidence wrote:
that's been a common refrain. Too bad, this project has been stuck on "35%" for a couple years now. I love Scythe, but a Euphoria expansion would have been more welcome than a Scythe expansion. Oh well.

Yes, this one has been set on hold because of other projects more than once.

We started out with some stuff that was too complicated and not well enough presented, which is on me, so we've been iterating on the expansion multiple times with the help of playtesters to get it right.

We'd rather take the time it takes to get it right - and believe me, I've poured much more time into this than any other gaming related project I've done in my life .

I've been chronicling some of the process, challenges, and lessons learned on the blog linked to above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack du Fois
msg tools
mb
Are there any more news to share?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zackdufois wrote:

I've been spending a lot of time tuning the balance between Rebel and Oppressor players, tuning the knowledge+morale economy, combatting swinginess, making the new action spaces useful more often, and working on markets and recruits.

It has been harder than I hoped, but there's progress and I think the expansion is in a better place than it was than when we restarted a month ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
zackdufois wrote:

I've been spending a lot of time tuning the balance between Rebel and Oppressor players, tuning the knowledge+morale economy, combatting swinginess, making the new action spaces useful more often, and working on markets and recruits.

It has been harder than I hoped, but there's progress and I think the expansion is in a better place than it was than when we restarted a month ago.

I should add that we've been on hold since December because of Charterstone, Gaia Project, Scythe: The Wind Gambit, and Between Two Cities: Capitals.

For projects where our solo modes will be included in the box from the beginning there are hard deadlines and so we have to divert attention to those. Right now, though, our primary focus is this expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.