Subject: Attacking down the river. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael H
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a conversation about LotR:TC I discovered that we played the game differently. He said that it was legal for good player to attack sideways using the river. I disagreed and said that it was only legal for the good player to move sideways down the river.

When I read the rules and the FAQ I read the word "move" as "move into a space without an enemy present". Whereas I read the word "attack" as "move into a space with at least one enemy present then resolve combat".

Thanks in advance for clearing this up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Re:Attacking down the river.
ScrewTape (#25575),

All attacks result from moves, but not all moves result in attacks. For example, the Witch King may "attack" sideways, thus may move sideways if the move results in an attack.

The Good player is allowed to move sideways along the path of the river. If this move is into a space with an opponent's piece it results in an attack.

Movement of any kind is only restricted by opponent's pieces when explicitly stated in the rules (such as in cases of retreating or special movement for some Dark units.)

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael H
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Attacking down the river.
Octavian (#25580),

Thanks for the quick reply! I don't quite know why that got stuck in my head the way it did...

Now the good guys are much better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.