Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Olney
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Happy new year you fine people

Are we on this week?

No doubt between us a lot of new games appeared at Xmas that need breaking in.

I will be bringing One Night Ultimate Werewolf which will happily play up to 8 of us and takes less than ten mins if anyone fancies a couple rounds?

Also making an appearance will be Pocket Madness and Mexica. I'm very keen to get both of those to the table.

And finally I have Seafall. I will be looking for three committed fellow seafarers for about 18 games of ninety mins to two hours over the coming year. I don't want to do it each week but because it's a legacy game we can't really alter the player roster. Not read the rules yet but would like to kick it off late January
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten S
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy New Year!!!
Falk and I will be coming on Wednesday. No new games for Christmas but will bring some old junk trash from Essen last year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy new year y'all!

No new games for Christmas from me, but I have too many unplayed / played only once that I really want to get to the table again.
E.g. in the played once pile: Clank!, Lorenzo Il Magnifco, Solarius Mission*, Cottage Garden
In the unplayed pile: Great Western Trail*, Vikingdoms**, 7 Wonders Duel Pantheon**, Visby**, One Night Ultimate Vampire (I do like Werewolf!)

* rules dumps & playtime may be a struggle on a Wed until we've played them a couple of times (immovable object / irresistable force problem)
** 2 players only, which explains why I've not got them to the table!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there for 5:30. No Xmas games, but I'll happily play other people's!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ErictheHalfaBee wrote:
I'll be there for 5:30. No Xmas games, but I'll happily play other people's!

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Atkins-Carter
England
flag msg tools
Happy new year everyone.

I will be there. Will bring along Guillotine card game if anyone fancies a go, it's good fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Olney
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm up for great western trail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Walker
msg tools
mbmbmb
Im up for a bit of legacy play so would be happy to lay my hat on a seat if its available, and like wise Mechs vs Minions is now in my possession so will need some dudes for that to meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Horn
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy new year all!

I will be there tomorrow. I'd be keen to keep the campaign going (alternatively start a new campaign) in Star Wars: Imperial Assault if you are up for it! If not, I'd be keen to play something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Atkins-Carter
England
flag msg tools
I'm up for keeping the campaign going Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there for 5.30.

It looks like there are a lot of campaign games being put forward!

I won't sign up to anything as I have already agreed to play T.I.M.E Stories with Mark & Gali. All options look great though!

I have brought Lotus which is a lovely trick taking filler that Santa kindly provided.

Other than that I have Terraforming Mars but I would also love to try Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure and Great Western Trail!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Accidently left GWT at home. I think I need to swot up on the rules before getting it to the table. Maybe next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten S
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Always up for a bit of terraforming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gali Limonova
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
MartinHorn wrote:
Happy new year all!

I will be there tomorrow. I'd be keen to keep the campaign going (alternatively start a new campaign) in Star Wars: Imperial Assault if you are up for it! If not, I'd be keen to play something else.

I might be biting a bit more than I can chew but am up for continuing Star Wars if everyone is there. I don't think the missions would take all evening so it might be doable

fatboyguy wrote:
I'll be there for 5.30.

It looks like there are a lot of campaign games being put forward!

I won't sign up to anything as I have already agreed to play T.I.M.E Stories with Mark & Gali. All options look great though!

I have brought Lotus which is a lovely trick taking filler that Santa kindly provided.

Other than that I have Terraforming Mars but I would also love to try Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure and Great Western Trail!

See above! I'm not sure if we can start this week, depending on what Mark is playing but I'll bring it anyway and we can come up with a T.I.M.E. schedule of some sort whistle

Also, Happy New Year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corinna S
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there, too. With husband Torsten.
Could I ask you all to read my other post about the landscape tiles, please?
I would be happy if they went to a good home ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I won't be along tonight, but up for SW another night, Martin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Merrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Happily up for most of the suggestions except SW. See you all at 6:45.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
15 of us last night!

After a bit of catching up and some food I started with a game of Guillotine. It'd been a long time since I'd played this. Torsten managed to win with only playing a single action card. We then had a couple of games of One Night Ultimate Werewolf before the main event.

The main event for me was a first go at T.I.M.E Stories. We took a while to get up and running. I won't spoil it for anyone but it's fair to say we all loved it. I tend to prefer Euro style games but this had such a strong theme and the mechanics work so well. I can't wait to finish the opening scenario and look forward to future scenarios!

We then finished up with a quick game of Lotus. A very light set collection game with cracking artwork.

On the other tables I saw Grand Austria Hotel, Evolution: Climate, Terraforming Mars and I am sure many more I missed.

Roll on next week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On our table Corinna, Falk, Eric, Rob and I started with The Grizzled which is an interesting coop where you're all French soldiers in the trenches during WW1 trying to fulfil missions by getting rid of cards in your hand. Play too many of a type to the table and you all fail. But the alternative is usually suffering some sort of injury or trauma yourself. Brothers in arms provide support by brewing cups of tea (the French drink tea?). We won but were playing the novice level.

Then the four of us save Falk (sensible chap) played Grand Austria Hotel. Eric soon had an engine going despite my best efforts to misapprehend, distort, misread and withhold the rules. Corinna seemed to be perpetually bust. Rob was mainly comatose through AP (running a cafe/hotel ain't like slapping monsters in Eldritch Horror) or boredom (the latter probably) but ran out a creditable second to Eric's Austrian version of Travelodge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitsto wrote:
...despite my best efforts to misapprehend, distort, misread and withhold the rules.

Don't be so hard on yourself - I'm sure you gave us over ¾ of the rules, and got right at least ¾ of those that you gave us...

Kitsto wrote:
Eric's Austrian version of Travelodge
How very dare you! We run a quality establishment here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kitsto wrote:
On our table Corinna, Falk, Eric, Rob and I started with The Grizzled which is an interesting coop where you're all French soldiers in the trenches during WW1 trying to fulfil missions by getting rid of cards in your hand. Play too many of a type to the table and you all fail. But the alternative is usually suffering some sort of injury or trauma yourself. Brothers in arms provide support by brewing cups of tea (the French drink tea?). We won but were playing the novice level.

Then the four of us save Falk (sensible chap) played Grand Austria Hotel. Eric soon had an engine going despite my best efforts to misapprehend, distort, misread and withhold the rules. Corinna seemed to be perpetually bust. Rob was mainly comatose through AP (running a cafe/hotel ain't like slapping monsters in Eldritch Horror) or boredom (the latter probably) but ran out a creditable second to Eric's Austrian version of Travelodge.

Don't beat yourself up Chris!

Everyone forgets / misunderstands rules all the time. We all need to remember that it is just a game and the end goal is to have fun. I think sufficient fun was had all round to class our Grand Austrian adventure as a success.

Looking forward to slapping some monsters around next week in Kemet. My brain needs the rest!

Seeyall next week
Robalicious
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corinna S
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great commentaries, everyone, made me smile! And thanks for welcoming me in your midst. I'd like to come back, though, I must say, I don't care much for reprising my role of being "constantly bust"! I loved the game and thought that Chris got most of the rules right. At least the ones that made me lose money all the time ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oldskoolgeek999 wrote:

We all need to remember that it is just a game and the end goal is to have fun.
Were you under the impression that someone forgot?

oldskoolgeek999 wrote:

I think sufficient fun was had all round to class our Grand Austrian adventure as a success.
Absolutely!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.