Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The annual fundraiser for The Dice Tower started and one of the promo packs contains a promo card for Santorini.

Will this be again Tyche, or a completely new God? And will it also become available for those that won't support DT? What about Zeus copies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have the same question here. I already backed Man Vs Meeple to get Tyche, but because DT is making packages only, I would like to know this before backing them, might choose a different package if so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavan Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole is correct.

As for synthetic versions, we will run them all at the same time when both promo cards are printed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone want to take guesses at who the new god is? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mind_ranger wrote:

Simply confirming it is someone new, other than Tyche, is more than cool enough for me !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
mind_ranger wrote:

Tomzeesam?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mind_ranger wrote:

As this is for fund raising could it be, Plutus, the god of money/wealth? Perhaps adding some coin tokens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are coins in the Golden Fleece expansion, so Plutus isn't impossible. If you design and post an awesome power fast enough....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Feeser
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
mlvanbie wrote:
There are coins in the Golden Fleece expansion, so Plutus isn't impossible. If you design and post an awesome power fast enough....

not playtested at all but:

Plutus: On Your Turn - If you do not step up this turn, gain a coin (gained before you build and can be used on the same turn it is gained). You may build a level 1, 2, 3 or dome building at a cost of 1, 2, 3, or 0 coins respectively. If you can afford it, you can build a level 2 on top of a level 1, a level 3 on top of that, and a dome on top of that.

Basically if you can save up 6 coins then you could build a level 3 tower in a single turn.

My initial thought is for domes to be free but I could see them costing a coin. Free means you needn't pay for defense and can stockpile money but if they were a coin then you might have to sacrifice your plans just so you can block your opponent from winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dapperghast Meowregard
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:

Prolly broken and/or overcomplicated, but off the top of my head:
Start with # coins. After moving either player may offer their opponent one coin to move a worker adjacent to the one that moved to an equal or lower space of the bribing player's choice. Players may instead pay them 2 coins to force the move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He sounds like a more complex version of Morpheus.

The coins would need to increase in value, the longer he saves to make them different.

Or he uses coins to build at a distance, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sataranji wrote:
mind_ranger wrote:

Tomzeesam?

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Feeser
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
He sounds like a more complex version of Morpheus.

The coins would need to increase in value, the longer he saves to make them different.

Or he uses coins to build at a distance, for example.

You are right, my idea was a more complex Morpheus so never mind on that one. I like your build at a distance idea though.

I'm thinking either:

Start of Your Turn: Place a Coin Token on your God Power card.

Your Turn: Instead of your normal build you may pay a coin to build a building (not a dome) in any unoccupied space.

OR

Setup: Place X Coin Tokens on your God Power card.

Your Turn: Instead of your normal build you may pay a coin to build a building (including domes) in any unoccupied space.

---

The first option allows the power to last throughout the course of the game and by excluding domes in this alternate build it doesn't totally keep your opponent from being unable to win. I mean think about it, if you could build domes at any distance then every time your opponent was ready to step up to a level 3 on their turn you could just dome that level 3 without being nearby.

I think the second option though is the better option. Yes the player could exhaust the power early but not if they are smart. Plus if one of the player's workers gets trapped being able to build domes at any level can help keep them in the game even if it is at a cost. With this option you needn't worry about having enough tokens because you'd start with a fix amount that can only go down. Oh and it should be noted that all other normal building rules would apply so even though you can build domes at a distance they still have to be on top of a level 3.

EDIT: Oh and I should say that X should be whatever is most balanced and fair but with zero testing I think 6 would be a good start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Grimes
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
If you design and post an awesome power fast enough....

I've started a thread for custom god and hero powers. Perhaps these can be considered for the Dice Tower Promo card?whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Also known as
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scylla was revealed today -

I'm curious as to the exact wording of the power, but it looks interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Why so serious?
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the symbols of the card, we understand the ability as: If your worker moves down, you may force a neighboring opponent worker up to the space you just vacated.

However, the question that arises is whether this ability is limited to just level one spaces. Can it be used when coming down from a second or third level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We *just* got finished hashing out wording on this. It may still be tweaked before printing, but for now, here's the scoop:

SCYLLA (Many Headed Sea Monster):

Your Move: If your Worker moves from a space that neighbors an opponent's Worker, you may Force their Worker into the space yours just vacated.

Compatible with 3P, 4P, and Golden Fleece.

Offically banned vs. Hecate (although if you ask Gord! or Michael Van Biesbrouck, they will be happy to provide you an unofficial way to play that matchup).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Surged wrote:
However, the question that arises is whether this ability is limited to just level one spaces. Can it be used when coming down from a second or third level?

So to clarify this, levels do not matter. You can force the opposing worker up or down any number of levels into the space you vacated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Strait
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mind_ranger wrote:
We *just* got finished hashing out wording on this. It may still be tweaked before printing, but for now, here's the scoop:

SCYLLA (Many Headed Sea Monster):

Your Move: If your Worker moves from a space that neighbors an opponent's Worker, you may Force their Worker into the space yours just vacated.

Compatible with 3P, 4P, and Golden Fleece.

Offically banned vs. Hecate (although if you ask Gord! or Michael Van Biesbrouck, they will be happy to provide you an unofficial way to play that matchup).

I am slackjawed at how well that embodies the diety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Strait
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Also, hmm...

Wikipedia wrote:
In the philosophized mythology of the later Classical period, Plutus is envisaged by Aristophanes as blinded by Zeus, so that he would be able to dispense his gifts without prejudice; he is also lame, as he takes his time arriving, and winged, so he leaves faster than he came.

Perhaps:

On your turn: you can either move or build (not both), and take a coin, or you can spend two coins to either move twice then build, or move then build twice.

Interesting starting point? I don't have all the existing deity powers memorized.

EDIT TO EMPHASIZE you do not get the option of a normal move + build! Either you're slow or you're fast, "banking" actions for the future. Given the debate over Heracles this would probably need some careful consideration / balancing to be competitive, as getting a fast turn at most every third turn is a fairly steep disadvantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.