Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Clyne
England
Hazlemere
Bucks
flag msg tools
Empire of the Midnight Beard
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted Eggert Spiel just before Xmas and have now received my replacement tile. Now to try some of the b side buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a common thing among all copies ? Just wondering as I might buy this. Thanx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought they'd announce the availability of this replacement tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you contact them? I think I need to do the same for mine too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is also incorrect. Eggerspiele/Pegasus Spiele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
Is this a common thing among all copies ? Just wondering as I might buy this. Thanx.

All games in the first printing have this error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Clyne
England
Hazlemere
Bucks
flag msg tools
Empire of the Midnight Beard
mbmbmbmbmb
All games in all languages as they all use the same print sheet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're in a hurry, you may download a corrected tile picture from eggertspiele.de

I sent an e-mail asking for a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bock
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:

Stronghold is handling the US release. I don't think there was the same misprint in the Stronghold version.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I was wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
33cb wrote:
Xhawk wrote:

Stronghold is handling the US release. I don't think there was the same misprint in the Stronghold version.

Yes, there was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
33cb wrote:
Xhawk wrote:

Yes, there was.

I printed the corrected 8b artwork on a label to fix the tile. It turned out better than I thought it would and I honestly forgot about it. I'm not sure if I'm even going to bother requesting a replacement tile, but if I decide to, do you know if Stronghold will be sending those out? I haven't seen anything from them about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dhc3po wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
33cb wrote:
Xhawk wrote:

Yes, there was.

I printed the corrected 8b artwork on a label to fix the tile. It turned out better than I thought it would and I honestly forgot about it. I'm not sure if I'm even going to bother requesting a replacement tile, but if I decide to, do you know if Stronghold will be sending those out? I haven't seen anything from them about it.

I just put in a request with Stronghold. I'll let others know what response I get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:

Word is there'll be a second printing of the game at the end of January. I'm sure that'll fix the misprint so you could hold off till then if you want to avoid the issue altogether.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
dhc3po wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
33cb wrote:
Xhawk wrote:

Yes, there was.

I just put in a request with Stronghold. I'll let others know what response I get.

Reply from Stronghold is that they won't be available to deliver replacements until March. For now the sticker printed with the downloadable image works fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
veector wrote:
dhc3po wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
33cb wrote:
Xhawk wrote:

Yes, there was.

Reply from Stronghold is that they won't be available to deliver replacements until March. For now the sticker printed with the downloadable image works fine.

Correct. This is the same response I received. As well as a link to the tile artwork to print out if I wanted.

Quote:
Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, there has been a small misprint in the first edition of Great Western Trail.
The red building tile number 8 is missing the b-side. This b-side can be downloaded here:

http://eggertspiele.bplaced.net/Downloads/GWT_Geb_rot_8b.jpg

We will have the tile reprinted. However, this takes some time and the new tiles will not arrive before early March at least.
When they are available, we'll post on BGG about how to get them. We are not sure of the process yet.

Note that this one missing b-side does not impair the playability of the game at all. The b-sides of the building tiles are only supposed to add a little more variety and even without any of them, it would take dozens of games before you have seen and tried it all.

Thanks for your interest and support of Stronghold Games!

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games
www.strongholdgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Kobilke
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, there has been a small misprint in the FIRST edition of Great Western Trail. The red building tile number 8 is missing the b-side.
This tile has been reprinted now!

If you own the FIRST edition of the German/English version by Pegasus Spiele and want your misprinted tile replaced, please write an email with your postal address to:
info@eggertspiele.de
or
ersatzteilservice@pegasus.de

IMPORTANT: The replacement of the tile for the US-version is handled by Stronghold Games.

Thanks for your patience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O R
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
“Bugger this. I want a better world.”
badge
"Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible."
mbmbmbmbmb
vittorioso wrote:

IMPORTANT: The replacement of the tile for the US-version is handled by Stronghold Games.

I contacted stronghold recently and here's what they had to say:

Stephen M. Buonocore, Stronghold Games wrote:
We will have the tile reprinted. However, this takes some time and the new tiles will not arrive before early March at least. When they are available, we'll post on BGG about how to get them. We are not sure of the process yet.

Is that still accurate now that eggertspiele has the part reprinted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lapsus wrote:
vittorioso wrote:

We will have the tile reprinted. However, this takes some time and the new tiles will not arrive before early March at least. When they are available, we'll post on BGG about how to get them. We are not sure of the process yet.

Yes. The above reply from Stronghold is recent within the past couple of days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Raps
Netherlands
Alphen aan den Rijn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See also this thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/24683721#24683721

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Huter
Switzerland
Basel
Basel-Stadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my corrected tile this week from pegasus. Thx guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buddy Roggenbauer
United States
Brillion
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
Lapsus wrote:
vittorioso wrote:

Yes. The above reply from Stronghold is recent within the past couple of days.

I hope they just send the replacement to the geek store. I vaguely recall there being an issue with a Stonemeier game and that is what they did and it seemed to work pretty well, at least for me it did. I think Rio Grande did this for a Dominion card as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you reported this issue to Pegasus, how quickly did you get a reply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lee
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Andy, you Goonie!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
If you reported this issue to Pegasus, how quickly did you get a reply?

I reported to Eggertspiele on January 3rd, received a reply on January 4th, and received my tile from Germany last Saturday the 21st of January.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nadien
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recieved my replacement tile today, including two new station master tiles! Thanks 999 games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nadien wrote:
I just recieved my replacement tile today, including two new station master tiles! Thanks 999 games!

Very cool. Hurry up, Stronghold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.