Subject: Ferox vs Terror (unit) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiago Gouveia
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Few doubts abou this interaction.

The WW faction sheet "Ferox" has benn updated so far? It states your cultist can no longer be captured by monsters, which means they can be captured by Terrors (that is whole pourpose of Terrors, to be not affected by abilities that state enemy monsters).

Although the ferox spellbook for indie Ithaqua states monsters and Terrors. Therefore my doubt here. WW ferox affect Terrors?

If so how it interacts with Great Race of Yith?

Thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hobbit
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Terrors can´t capture Ferox Cultists, only GOO´s and uncle Yith can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
tiagomo wrote:

The WW faction sheet "Ferox" has benn updated so far? It states your cultist can no longer be captured by monsters, which means they can be captured by Terrors (that is whole pourpose of Terrors, to be not affected by abilities that state enemy monsters).

Although the ferox spellbook for indie Ithaqua states monsters and Terrors. Therefore my doubt here. WW ferox affect Terrors?

Thanks a lot.

The new Faction Card specifically reads "...your Cultists cannot be Captured by enemy Monsters or Terrors..."

However, Yithians trump this - their loyalty card even includes the words "...you can Capture an enemy Cultist regardless of...whether Windwalker's Ferox ability is in effect" !!

Basically, the only way to avoid Yithian captures is by Killing it. And Ferox is one of the very few abilities that calls out Terrors specifically (and if it doesn't then that ability cannot affect a Terror).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Gouveia
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
tiagomo wrote:

Thanks a lot.

The new Faction Card specifically reads "...your Cultists cannot be Captured by enemy Monsters or Terrors..."

However, Yithians trump this - their loyalty card even includes the words "...you can Capture an enemy Cultist regardless of...whether Windwalker's Ferox ability is in effect" !!

Basically, the only way to avoid Yithian captures is by Killing it. And Ferox is one of the very few abilities that calls out Terrors specifically (and if it doesn't then that ability cannot affect a Terror).

Thanks a lot. Just as I expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Terrors work just like monsters in every way except they are not affected by abilities or spellbooks that specifically target monsters. Example: Devour lets Cthulhu eat a "cultist or monster", so he can't eat a terror.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
Terrors work just like monsters in every way except they are not affected by abilities or spellbooks that specifically target monsters. Example: Devour lets Cthulhu eat a "cultist or monster", so he can't eat a terror.

My brain has temporarily (I hope) stopped working.

What about Terror/Abduct? With Abduct, the abductee chooses which unit is abducted. So my question is that is a terror not affected by Abduct, or can they not be targeted by Abduct?

e.g. Terror and a Deep One are in a space. CC moves in a Nightgaunt and later on uses Abduct. Can the Terror be chosen by the defender, and then prove immune, or must the defender choose the Deep One? I suspect the latter but I'm slightly unsure on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abduct specifies Cultist and/or Monster, neither of which is a Terror.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:
Abduct specifies Cultist and/or Monster, neither of which is a Terror.

Sure, that makes sense. For some reason I got in a knot over it. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.