Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have finished correcting the scenario booklet and the equipment/ordnance charts. I added new content to the rules section on mines and this morning am going over the entire rules set. I should have it done today and printing should begin tonight or tomorrow morning. Everyone that received a copy of the game will get these items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the news...and for the effort...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
Thanks for the news...and for the effort...

I'm going to remain rigorously pro-active in getting information, and corrected components out to the players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All corrected documents, Rules, Scenarios, and charts have been submitted for printing. I'll get production copies in to review. They should ship to players by Friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
skippykaos wrote:
All corrected documents, Rules, Scenarios, and charts have been submitted for printing. I'll get production copies in to review. They should ship to players by Friday.

Good news...just wish my order was complete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've written to LBGs 4 times in the past week re: an incomplete order for their SHOW release without any response whatsoever. Are they still in business, are their servers down? Usually, their customer service is pretty good...but, no response?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they are really busy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:

Martin, good, even mediocre, customer service demands replies to emails within 1 or at most 2 days...not 1 or 2 weeks...or longer. This is how you lose customers ... To reply that "we've been very busy" says that you, the customer, are not that important!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The corrected rules bundle will ship Monday. This includes the corrected and even slightly updated rules version 1.0, the scenario book, and an updated equipment/ordnance sheet.

As for the communication issues, I understand why there is a lag, but it irritates the shit out of me. Doesn't keep me from e-mailing four, five, six times a day, though. And I don't accept "we're very busy", either. They're supposed to be very busy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
skippykaos wrote:
The corrected rules bundle will ship Monday. This includes the corrected and even slightly updated rules version 1.0, the scenario book, and an updated equipment/ordnance sheet.

As for the communication issues, I understand why there is a lag, but it irritates the shit out of me. Doesn't keep me from e-mailing four, five, six times a day, though. And I don't accept "we're very busy", either. They're supposed to be very busy.

Well, we'll see...since Monday is a holiday, it won't really ship then anyway yuk They might want to look at reviewing...and REPLYING to emails each morning, before doing anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
skippykaos wrote:

Well, we'll see...since Monday is a holiday, it won't really ship then anyway yuk They might want to look at reviewing...and REPLYING to emails each morning, before doing anything else.

Actually, UPS and Fedex ship normally on Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
martimer wrote:

Martin, good, even mediocre, customer service demands replies to emails within 1 or at most 2 days...not 1 or 2 weeks...or longer. This is how you lose customers ... To reply that "we've been very busy" says that you, the customer, are not that important!
I agree. Nobody has ever accused LBG of doing things the easy way, though.

Note that I was merely suggesting one possibility. I have no idea what goes on at LBG HQ. I imagine there is coffee, maybe even an occasional doughnut. Maybe if you demand it loud enough they will share a doughnut with you?

One thing I do know from personal experience is that customer service is a thankless job. Every customer has a different expectation about good or even mediocre customer service and some (many?) confuse needs with wants. Most bosses just expect happy customers. It is an unhappy world.

Enjoy the gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
skippykaos wrote:
MayorJim wrote:
skippykaos wrote:

Actually, UPS and Fedex ship normally on Monday.

That's true...but their chosen method of shipping is the USPS, not UPS nor Fedex...but we'll see...my money is on no shipping by them on Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
MayorJim wrote:
martimer wrote:

I agree. Nobody has ever accused LBG of doing things the easy way, though.

Note that I was merely suggesting one possibility. I have no idea what goes on at LBG HQ. I imagine there is coffee, maybe even an occasional doughnut. Maybe if you demand it loud enough they will share a doughnut with you?

One thing I do know from personal experience is that customer service is a thankless job. Every customer has a different expectation about good or even mediocre customer service and some (many?) confuse needs with wants. Most bosses just expect happy customers. It is an unhappy world.

Enjoy the gaming.

Where I work I receive on average 60 emails a day. Some are wants, some are needs and some are critical issues needing immediate responses. All get addressed within 24 hours...even if the answer is "we're working on it". No response or to say "we've been busy" is an insult to my customers which either gets elevated or, at the least "remembered" when I need a favor later from that customer. We do share donuts though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:

Where I work I receive on average 60 emails a day. Some are wants, some are needs and some are critical issues needing immediate responses. All get addressed within 24 hours...even if the answer is "we're working on it". No response or to say "we've been busy" is an insult to my customers which either gets elevated or, at the least "remembered" when I need a favor later from that customer. We do share donuts though
Uhm, LBG did not say "We've been busy." I suggested that they might be busy, so your ire may be a tad misdirected or at least premature?

And I am glad you are so good at your job and your company takes pride in that service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
MayorJim wrote:

Uhm, LBG did not say "We've been busy." I suggested that they might be busy, so your ire may be a tad misdirected or at least premature?

And I am glad you are so good at your job and your company takes pride in that service.

Yep, you are correct, they didn't say "we've been busy"...they didn't say anything,... after two weeks and numerous emails...so maybe they are busy. But that still doesn't give them a pass on poor customer service. It doesn't take much to send a quick note to at least acknowledge a problem/request. Their customer service in the past has been pretty darn good...but as of late, it has dropped off considerably. I'm glad that you may have not had the problems I and others have had with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
skippykaos wrote:

Ha Ha...which Friday was that again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
martimer wrote:
MayorJim wrote:

Yep, you are correct, they didn't say "we've been busy"...they didn't say anything,... after two weeks and numerous emails...so maybe they are busy. But that still doesn't give them a pass on poor customer service. It doesn't take much to send a quick note to at least acknowledge a problem/request. Their customer service in the past has been pretty darn good...but as of late, it has dropped off considerably. I'm glad that you may have not had the problems I and others have had with them.

Didn't they reply to your issue about the missing vehicle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
skippykaos wrote:
MayorJim wrote:
martimer wrote:
MayorJim wrote:

Didn't they reply to your issue about the missing vehicle?

I received a reply at 7:30am...here it is:

Hi Jim,
The miniature is finished up and I am getting the shipping ready today. I’ll get it out in tomorrow’s mail and will send you a tracking number.
Thank you and have a great rest of the weekend.
Debbie

Of course tomorrow, Monday, is a holiday, so it won't be going out in Monday's mail whistle

BTW, that reply came over a week after LBG sent this reply to the same issue, on Jan 7th:

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your email. I am working on getting your miniature customized this weekend and will get it out the first of next week. I’m sorry for the oversight. I did have it on our customization list, I’m not sure how it was missed, but I’ll get it to you as quickly as possible.
Have a great weekend.
Debbie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have been following LBG for any time at all you would know tat communication has been inconsistent (sometimes good, sometimes slow) and it has affected every customer at one time or another. I have been a customer since pretty near the beginning so I am used to it.

If you have been following LBG for any time at all you would already have determined whether the games are good enough to put up with the communication issues (and delays). I like most of their games (and the SMG/DDS stuff especially) and so stick with them.

If you have read ANY SINGLE thread involving this company you would have encountered this discussion before. Probably. Frustrating sometimes. Generally the delays are because they get busy, like i or not. This is not a fortune 500 company, this is a niche company in a niche hobby. Expect delays.

Sincere best wishes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Players should start receiving the corrected versions of the rules, scenarios, and charts for SHOW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
skippykaos wrote:
Players should start receiving the corrected versions of the rules, scenarios, and charts for SHOW.

Woo Hoo! Just received mine today...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.