Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Schatz
United States
Lake Balboa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a good storage solution in a single box for KB + Expansions 1-3?

I've seen a few without Marshlands ... but none with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just put it all in there! Base game and all existing expansions and promos do fit into the base game box. I've got a stack of boards (including Island), player bits in baggies, cards in a baggie, info tiles in a baggie, quarry stones in a baggie.

My latest innovation is to store all the location tiles in two coin collecting cylinders, which helps me keep them sorted, while taking a minimum of space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
kronic24601 wrote:
Does anyone have a good storage solution in a single box for KB + Expansions 1-3?

I've seen a few without Marshlands ... but none with it.

1) Take out the insert in the base game.

2) put all the boards inside & set to one corner of the box, leaving a gap along two edges.

3) I keep all of the small hexagonal tiles in old film canisters. 2 tubes each for the base game and Crossroads, 1 tube each for Marshlands and Nomads. Promo Hexes are mixed just go where there is room.

These can then sit upright in the box, between the boards and the side of the box. They fit perfectly in the cutouts on the side of the boards.

4) Cards in baggies, settlements in baggies by player color, etc in the other space between the boards the side of the box.

5) Stack the manuals on top.

There is still some room, so I might even have room for Harvest once it is released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can fit base + three expansions in the Marshlands box, actually. It's a tight fit, but it works! (take out the insert, obvi)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the baggies with white on one side to write on, and in a baggie I put the reference tile, the tokens, and anything else needed by that particular board. I wrote the name of the feature(s) on the baggie as well as the set it came from.

And I also stored everything in the base game box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW: for the tokens, I made a cardboard thingie with cardboard dividers to hold them sorted. Here's a photo of my original crappier one and its better replacement:

That was just for base game + Nomads, but of course you could make a longer cardboard thingie for more tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.