Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you happened to stumble here by chance, this is a thread of a tournament exclusively for the Commissioners of the Star Realms League (Season 22), which is NOT an official part of the League itself.

Hello Commissioners, and welcome to the tenth Commissioners Tournament!

As always, please check in here and subscribe to this thread to be kept updated.

We have the potential for 13 participants this year. I'll quickly outline the structure for everyone as it works slightly differently from the standard league.

The initial part of the tournament will be a round robin where everybody will play everybody else in one-match rounds. We'll play as many rounds as we need to accomplish this (which is N-1 rounds; e.g. 18 players will necessitate 17 rounds). As this is significantly more rounds than occur in a standard league division, play will be accelerated by posting and playing two rounds at a time.

New rounds will be posted when at least one of the below criteria has been met:
* all matches are complete
* two or fewer matches are remaining at three days or greater
* no player has more than once match remaining at four days or greater

At the conclusion of the round robin, the top 8 players will play in a single-elimination tournament where each round is best two-out-of-three matches. The winner of this will be declared the Commissioners Tournament Champion!

All other standard league rules apply including resolving preference differences and tiebreaker rules.

Once everybody checks in, we'll get the first two rounds rolling.

Any questions or comments, please let me know. Good luck!

HALL OF CHAMPIONS

Season Champion Runner-up
Season 13 kolok JormiBoced
Season 14 CCKinnison AgentSeto
Season 15 AgentSeto kolok
Season 16 GodURmyall SweetJustice
Season 17 SweetJustice FuzzyLogic0
Season 18 karmakanik dbonzai
Season 19 FuzzyLogic Amaroid
Season 20 SweetJustice karmakanik
Season 21 Darklighter FuzzyLogic0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I indicated that there could be some shenanigans since this is the tenth season of the tournament. I have a few ideas we could try. I'll quickly explain them below and then we can vote. Also, chime in with any other ideas or tweaks to the below ones.

Represent your division. You would play the preference of your highest tier division that you're DCing this season. If your division doesn't have an assigned preference, then you would play according to the predominant preference amongst the players in your division. Preference conflicts would still be resolved via LCD. (Note: This will result in some of you playing type V.)

Random preferences every match. I'll roll dice for every individual match and it gets played out accordingly. If anybody doesn't own all the expansions, we can accommodate for that.

Exclusive-or preferences. Players get to choose what preference they want to play, but instead of LCD, the expansions that are played are those that exactly one player has listed. Some examples: A v 1BF would play GEH, 1BHF vs BE would play 1EHF, and G1F vs 1BEHF would be GBEH. As players can choose preferences here that they don't play in the league, this makes preference selection a bit of a meta game.

The normal way. We can always play the way we traditionally do.

Time to vote! You may vote for any number of options and whichever gets the most votes wins. In the event of a tie, I'll probably flip a coin.

Poll
What kind of preference shenanigans do you want to play in the tournament this season?
Represent your division
Random preferences every match
Exclusive-or preferences
The normal way
      14 answers
Poll created by toaster83
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biggs Larkdighter
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. Gotta defend my title.

The only preference I don't like is the Exclusive-or preference. Other than that I don't really care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Myers
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in!

i vote for full rando prefs, really enjoyed the roulette team challenge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If "Divisions Reps" wins the vote, here's what I have for the divs:

Horowits (Platinum) = BHF
SweetJustice (Gold-Ark) = 1BHF
AgentSeto (Gold-Dread) = Vanilla
karmakanik (Silver-Battle) = All
Ominous (Silver-Flagship) = Vanilla
GodURmyall (Silver-Oblit) = BHF
Amaroid (Bronze-Cutter) = 1B
MarcelP (Bronze-Destroyer) = 1BF
WestDaddyUtd (Bronze-Ram) = Vanilla
StormDragon (Bronze-Screecher) = 1BHF
Darklighter (Bronze-Needle) = 1BEHF

networktoast (no divs, rep Silver-Mech?) = 1B
CrankyDay (no divs, rep Bronze-Barge?) = All

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Lakeland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally in, and totally not caring about format, and totally voting anyway! Have a great Season 22 everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Puffe
Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ean Teague
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blount
United States
Atascadero
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in... and Voted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I just realized that I voted last night without checking in. Thanks for running this again Matthew, as though you don't already have enough Star Realms on your plate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Schaumberg
United States
Seymour
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Unspecified
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ominous is in and I don't care about the format.

Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, IM in too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everybody!

So interestingly, I have 12 votes but only 11 check-ins, and I didn't vote yet. The shenanigans are starting early. wow

It looks like full random preferences are edging out standard play so far. Division representation has a small following, while nobody likes the exclusive-or idea (understandably so).

We have a couple missing players who I will GM shortly, but I'm assuming they'll want to play. I'm looking to get us going tomorrow morning. We'll have 13 rounds, two fewer than last season, so if we don't start until later tomorrow or Friday, I think we'll still have plenty of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In and voted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Vorster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not in, but did vote.

I guess you can discount 1 vote for same as we have always done it for this season but I want my vote to count for future tournaments.

Edit: just tested - i can remove my vote if you want me to

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Bollmann
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toaster83 wrote:
So interestingly, I have 12 votes but only 11 check-ins, and I didn't vote yet. The shenanigans are starting early. wow

Did no one else notice we seem to have been... ahm... infiltrated in this thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to launch the first two rounds!

I'm going to give dice rolls a try here as a means of determining preference. I wanted to just have one die with all 64 preferences, but apparently there's a limit to the size of the roll command BGG will allow. So for each match, there will be a die roll for each expansion. The letters that show up indicate the preference to play. If you roll all blanks, then it's vanilla.

Without further ado:

Round 1 (karmakanik has bye)

SweetJustice v. StormDragon 1custom2{ G ;""}+1custom2{ 1 ;""}+1custom2{ B ;""}+1custom2{ E ;""}+1custom2{ H ;""}+1custom2{ F ;""} -> ( G) + () + () + ( E) + () + () -> ( G )( )( )( E )( )( )
CrankyDay v. networktoast 1custom2{ G ;""}+1custom2{ 1 ;""}+1custom2{ B ;""}+1custom2{ E ;""}+1custom2{ H ;""}+1custom2{ F ;""} -> () + () + () + ( E) + () + ( F) -> ( )( )( )( E )( )( F )
Amaroid v. MarcelP 1custom2{ G ;""}+1custom2{ 1 ;""}+1custom2{ B ;""}+1custom2{ E ;""}+1custom2{ H ;""}+1custom2{ F ;""} -> ( G) + ( 1) + ( B) + () + () + ( F) -> ( G )( 1 )( B )( )( )( F )
Darklighter v. AgentSeto 1custom2{ G ;""}+1custom2{ 1 ;""}+1custom2{ B ;""}+1custom2{ E ;""}+1custom2{ H ;""}+1custom2{ F ;""} -> () + ( 1) + () + ( E) + () + () -> ( )( 1 )( )( E )( )( )
Ominous v. GodURmyall 1custom2{ G ;""}+1custom2{ 1 ;""}+1custom2{ B ;""}+1custom2{ E ;""}+1custom2{ H ;""}+1custom2{ F ;""} -> ( G) + ( 1) + () + () + ( H) + () -> ( G )( 1 )( )( )( H )( )
WestDaddyUtd v. horowits 1custom2{ G ;""}+1custom2{ 1 ;""}+1custom2{ B ;""}+1custom2{ E ;""}+1custom2{ H ;""}+1custom2{ F ;""} -> () + ( 1) + ( B) + () + () + ( F) -> ( )( 1 )( B )( )( )( F )

Round 2 (horowits has bye)

CrankyDay v. SweetJustice 1custom2{ G ;""}+1custom2{ 1 ;""}+1custom2{ B ;""}+1custom2{ E ;""}+1custom2{ H ;""}+1custom2{ F ;""} -> () + () + ( B) + () + () + ( F) -> ( )( )( B )( )( )( F )
Amaroid v. StormDragon 1custom2{ G ;""}+1custom2{ 1 ;""}+1custom2{ B ;""}+1custom2{ E ;""}+1custom2{ H ;""}+1custom2{ F ;""} -> ( G) + ( 1) + ( B) + () + ( H) + () -> ( G )( 1 )( B )( )( H )( )
Darklighter v. networktoast 1custom2{ G ;""}+1custom2{ 1 ;""}+1custom2{ B ;""}+1custom2{ E ;""}+1custom2{ H ;""}+1custom2{ F ;""} -> () + () + ( B) + ( E) + ( H) + ( F) -> ( )( )( B )( E )( H )( F )
Ominous v. MarcelP 1custom2{ G ;""}+1custom2{ 1 ;""}+1custom2{ B ;""}+1custom2{ E ;""}+1custom2{ H ;""}+1custom2{ F ;""} -> () + ( 1) + ( B) + ( E) + ( H) + ( F) -> ( )( 1 )( B )( E )( H )( F )
WestDaddyUtd v. AgentSeto 1custom2{ G ;""}+1custom2{ 1 ;""}+1custom2{ B ;""}+1custom2{ E ;""}+1custom2{ H ;""}+1custom2{ F ;""} -> () + ( 1) + ( B) + ( E) + ( H) + ( F) -> ( )( 1 )( B )( E )( H )( F )
karmakanik v. GodURmyall 1custom2{ G ;""}+1custom2{ 1 ;""}+1custom2{ B ;""}+1custom2{ E ;""}+1custom2{ H ;""}+1custom2{ F ;""} -> ( G) + () + ( B) + ( E) + () + () -> ( G )( )( B )( E )( )( )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1011548. toaster83
  • 1custom2{ G ;""}+1custom2{ 1 ;""}+1custom2{ B ;""}+1custom2{ E ;""}+1custom2{ H ;""}+1custom2{ F ;""} =
  • ( G) + () + () + ( E) + () + () =
  • ( G )( )( )( E )( )( )
  • SweetJustice v. StormDragon
  • Thu Jan 5, 2017 6:04 pm
  • [+]
  • 1011549. toaster83
  • 1custom2{ G ;""}+1custom2{ 1 ;""}+1custom2{ B ;""}+1custom2{ E ;""}+1custom2{ H ;""}+1custom2{ F ;""} =
  • () + () + () + ( E) + () + ( F) =
  • ( )( )( )( E )( )( F )
  • CrankyDay v. networktoast
  • Thu Jan 5, 2017 6:05 pm
  • [+]
  • 1011550. toaster83
  • ( G) + ( 1) + ( B) + () + () + ( F) =
  • ( G )( 1 )( B )( )( )( F )
  • Amaroid v. MarcelP
  • [+]
  • 1011552. toaster83
  • () + ( 1) + () + ( E) + () + () =
  • ( )( 1 )( )( E )( )( )
  • Darklighter v. AgentSeto
  • [+]
  • 1011554. toaster83
  • ( G) + ( 1) + () + () + ( H) + () =
  • ( G )( 1 )( )( )( H )( )
  • Ominous v. GodURmyall
  • Thu Jan 5, 2017 6:06 pm
  • [+]
  • 1011556. toaster83
  • () + ( 1) + ( B) + () + () + ( F) =
  • ( )( 1 )( B )( )( )( F )
  • WestDaddyUtd v. horowits
  • Thu Jan 5, 2017 6:06 pm
  • [+]
  • 1011558. toaster83
  • () + () + ( B) + () + () + ( F) =
  • ( )( )( B )( )( )( F )
  • CrankyDay v. SweetJustice
  • Thu Jan 5, 2017 6:07 pm
  • [+]
  • 1011562. toaster83
  • ( G) + ( 1) + ( B) + () + ( H) + () =
  • ( G )( 1 )( B )( )( H )( )
  • Amaroid v. StormDragon
  • Thu Jan 5, 2017 6:08 pm
  • [+]
  • 1011563. toaster83
  • () + () + ( B) + ( E) + ( H) + ( F) =
  • ( )( )( B )( E )( H )( F )
  • Darklighter v. networktoast
  • Thu Jan 5, 2017 6:08 pm
  • [+]
  • 1011564. toaster83
  • () + ( 1) + ( B) + ( E) + ( H) + ( F) =
  • ( )( 1 )( B )( E )( H )( F )
  • Ominous v. MarcelP
  • Thu Jan 5, 2017 6:09 pm
  • [+]
  • 1011565. toaster83
  • () + ( 1) + ( B) + ( E) + ( H) + ( F) =
  • ( )( 1 )( B )( E )( H )( F )
  • WestDaddyUtd v. AgentSeto
  • Thu Jan 5, 2017 6:09 pm
  • [+]
  • 1011566. toaster83
  • ( G) + () + ( B) + ( E) + () + () =
  • ( G )( )( B )( E )( )( )
  • karmakanik v. GodURmyall
  • Thu Jan 5, 2017 6:10 pm
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FuzzyLogic0 wrote:
Not in, but did vote.

I guess you can discount 1 vote for same as we have always done it for this season but I want my vote to count for future tournaments.

Edit: just tested - i can remove my vote if you want me to

No worries. The intent was just for this season to shake things up a little bit, using the fact that it's the tenth Commissioners Tournament as an excuse. Unless there's popular demand, my intent is to return to normal next season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Lakeland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amaroid wrote:
toaster83 wrote:

Did no one else notice we seem to have been... ahm... infiltrated in this thread?

ninja Want me to vote a third time? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Puffe
Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
MarcelP defeats Amaroid - GG!
Challenging Matt now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
CrankyDay def SweetJustice in a romp. Good game.

StormDragon and I have embarked on our Type GE journey, and of course there were 3 Events in the opening trade row.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blount
United States
Atascadero
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick game, I thought you had me but the endless stations and outpost came through for me.

StormDragon D. SweetJustice in a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
networktoast def Darklighter in R2. GG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Bollmann
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
R2: Amaroid def. StormDragon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.