Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matija Kompan
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.

First i want to say i love the game!

So the game has double sided shield tokens. So when I research Multi-polar Grid (MPG) Shields, can i flip over the basic Electromagnetic Shield to get MPG shield when i buy it assuming that i have EM shield allready on the ships? Also those it work for the fusion drives?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear that you love the game! It is my favorite game!

No, you cannot simply flip over the shields that way.

The technologies are the knowledge necessary to acquire such upgrades, but you still need to buy the upgrades for your ships. You can continue to use the old shields or drives, but you need to purchase upgraded shields or drives in order to improve them, once you have acquired the better technologies via research.

Also, did you know that another expansion will be coming out in 2017?

Exodus: Event Horizon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matija Kompan
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replay

Yeah i know you have to buy tehnology first, but after that can i buy the better shield and flip the old one that is on the ship, since they are dubble sided

Yeah i saw the new for Exodus: Event Horizon, i can't wait to get it!!! I am so hyped + solo scenarios woop woop <3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you are saying. Yes, you can certainly flip the token when using the Buy Upgrades action. On the other hand, if you have room for the weaker shield you can certainly keep that one around as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping old shields is definitely advantageous. Since you can freely move upgrades around, just beef up your ships even more.

The only reason to flip them is that you ran out of space on your ships (in which case I might suggest your upgrade and tech strategy was not optimal, and you wasted resources).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matija Kompan
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Allright! Thanks guys for helping me out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.