Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » General

Subject: Thoughts on double colored cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
What if some cards are double colored. Like red and yellow but you have to use one color of the character. I thought of this when Padme card was actually yellow. I'm not sure where I stand on that. I expected her to be a red although she isn't a military leader but isn't a rouge either. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean cards that you can include in your deck so long as you have *either* colour of character? Interesting idea - the card becomes easier to include in decks.

Or do you mean cards that can only include in your deck so long as you have *both* colours of character? Interesting idea - the card becomes harder to use (so perhaps it can be used as a requirement to make an otherwise too-powerful card harder to include).

Or do you mean characters which are *multi*-coloured? Interesting idea - the character makes building a deck easier (and it gets easier to use "spot a character" abilities), so perhaps it can be used to make a relatively weak card stronger.

How about a card that *changes* the colour of a character once in play? Which would allow that character to obtain "colour-only" upgrade cards (“force training" to turn a red character blue, for example).

And I bet that the designers have thought about at least two of these ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roddy
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While the comprehensive rules reference states:

"Yellow is Rogue and represents scum, villainy, spies, and smugglers."

Based on the color of some cards (Padme especially), here's how I rationalize it:

Yellow = Impulse & Improvisation. Making up a plan as you go, with quick unexpected moves and tricks.

Red = Structure & Strategy. Direct attacks "by the book." Focused strength.

I hope FFG doesn't make multicolor characters: a red-yellow character would shatter my world view!

I'd bet we'll see different color versions of characters (yellow Lando, Cloud City Administrator --> red General Calrissian; non-Force users turning Blue as they take their first steps).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.