Subject: Should the new rulebook have ribbon bookmarks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fen Yan
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
I've only played a couple of games. With any new game there can be a lot of flipping back and forth in the rules. With KDM, I was doing that a lot from the very useful glossary to other parts of the rulebook.

Have any of you placed adhesive tabs onto some of the sections? Seems like one of these would be useful as an aid to flip to the Severe Wound table.

Also, I saw in one of the older Kickstarter comments threads a suggestion to include a couple of ribbon bookmarks (the ones that are sewn or glued into the spine of the binder). A suggestion worth following up with Poots?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Shoo
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
The update that revealed the new rulebook mentioned this:

Quote:
1.5 Changelog Reveal

The Core Game Book has been upgraded to a hard cover book! It will also include one of those super neat cloth bookmarks! This is for both the 1.5 Core game and the 1.5 Update Pack!

So I think the ribbon bookmark you speak of is already planned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex J
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Also, I could have sworn I saw a comment from Poots that said they were thinking of doing "3" of these ribbons. It was really early in the campaign and I couldn't even guess the easiest way to go find this comment haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fuki Fino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taipan59 wrote:
Also, I could have sworn I saw a comment from Poots that said they were thinking of doing "3" of these ribbons. It was really early in the campaign and I couldn't even guess the easiest way to go find this comment haha

I recall the same comment. Not going to track it down, but know that you probably weren't hallucinating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Yan
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
Thanks guys…wow my reading comprehension sucks. But glad to hear those fancy bookmarks will be included, sounds really useful to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
I'm also planning to rip out and laminate pages of my old rulebook to have the tables as reference sheets rather than flip flip flip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Y'know what would make things a lot easier than flipping to all these important tables, as much as I would like to have multiple ribbons in the new books?

Some sort of reference chart on heavy cardstock with a lot of those improtant tables all in one spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Print them out on photo paper and laminate them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.