1 , 2  Next »   | 

Arcadia Quest: Inferno» Forums » General

Subject: What is the difference between the dragons??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Howden
Australia
flag msg tools
Now that some people are starting to receive their pledges, I was hoping someone could give us more information about how the dragons all play differently. Would be nice to know what they changed seeing as the dragon rework pushed the release dates back so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if anyone is actually receiving AQ:I yet. I know a few people have finally mentioned that they received tracking numbers, but that is about it. Most of the people talking about actually getting things are referring to Masmorra at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christopher
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People definitely have AQ:I (I think Japan)...I'm on the Arcadia Quest Fanatics page on facebook and people are posting pictures of everything, dragons includeds..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She's such a Geek
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup! People from Japan have been posting pictures of theirs on the Facebook page and their unboxings

as for the Dragon differences-- it may be better to ask someone who got theirs already directly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She's such a Geek
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy schmajole, that's a lot of boxes! wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:

Yup. Wife is gonna kill me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
Twilight struggling to find time to play
badge
Twilight struggling to find time to play
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of us have received our packages in Singapore yesterday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who have received their game, any comment on game play, especially compared to base AQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was interested to know about the dragon related item cards too. How do you get them and can they only be used in the Dragon scenario?

I don't know the point of them or how they integrate into a campaign for example if the dragon scenario is at the end of a campaign...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon van Oorschot
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrsuitcase wrote:
breegull wrote:

Oh yeah... I'm toast too....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Customs will kill me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Lozano
France
Saint-Etienne
flag msg tools
Trying to find time to paint...
badge
...but translating all day long !
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess we will have to wait our pledge to discover them by ourselves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonezy wrote:
mrsuitcase wrote:
breegull wrote:

Oh yeah... I'm toast too....

Yah, sure hope it consolidates nicely or I may have to move into the garage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Florio
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I received the game (posted some pics on Facebook), but I don't like spoiling the mechanics of the dragons until I face them

Sorry guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sterling
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those dragon boxes are huge! And I got all of them....
Are they really that big? they seem close to the size of the Inferno box which looks like the size of the original AQ box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Cheow
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
They are really about 3/4 the size of the main box. But it's also about 1.5times the height.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Vitoria
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
actmoon wrote:
They are really about 3/4 the size of the main box. But it's also about 1.5times the height.

Here's a pic from Arcadia Quest Fanatics on Facebook so you can see the size difference between boxes and how much trouble we're all in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Florio
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's MY picture ahah

Thanks for sharing! I deserve that Gold though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Vitoria
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andvice wrote:
Thanks for sharing! I deserve that Gold though

First let's talk about dragon mechanics, then we can get to the gold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Florio
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nice try
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Vitoria
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was worth trying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zheng Xuan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gonna spoiler tag this since some people would like to keep dragon mechanics a surprise for themselves

Edit:Expanded on some stuff
Edit2: Added poison dragon

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Not gonna go super into detail, just took a brief look into the 4 dragon.

There's 2 stage to a dragon encounter, the flying and grounded encounter. Flying stage is the same for all dragons in the sense that your objective is to shoot down the dragon from the sky and wound it. Quite similar throughout, but the map is very different(esp the chaos one) and you can do nasty things to each other through the dragonstone cards. This is PVP

next is the grounded PVE stage

Main difference would be their individual trait.

Fire dragon creates fire zone that explodes and spreads and also sets you aflame if you step into it. This deals a DOT till you rest

Frost dragon creates iceblock that traps and block LOS for heros. he also freeze your equipment and you can't use them till you rest to defrost.

Chaos dragon creates portal that teleports you around, shifts your tile to another zone. it also can cause your equipment to shift around unless you rest (noticing a trend yet?)

Poison dragon lays poison egg that slowly spreads poison orthogonally away from the egg. Walking into a space with poison token gives your hero one poison token. Getting 4 poison token will immediately kill your hero. Resting is the only way to remove the tokens and place them back into the token reserve, dying does not remove them (important later)

Each dragon has a stack of cards that activates before any action, causing him to fly around damaging certain tiles, spawning minion or doing their dragon trait thing.

Lose condition is also quite different for each dragon. in addition to dying,

Frost dragon aims to destroy buildings in the game which you have to repair.

Chaos dragon wins when x tiles are shifted into another zone. you can prevent this by going onto the tile and doing a random teleport and taking damage

if fire dragon manage set X tiles on fire, it wins.

For poison dragon, if you are required to place a poison token on the board and there is no token left in the reserve, you lose

Compare to the originals on the KS, the main difference seems to be the individual mechanics. In the KS, it seems all dragon works off token, Chaos, Fire, Frost tokens and nothing else. The dragons still have the token, but each dragon now have their individual special traits (Chaos portal, Fire spots and ice blocks) that didn't seem to exist previously. Some of the dragon cards seem to have change. From what i can see on the KS update page, the dragon cards seems very specific in what they are trying to do. The dragon card in this game seems more generic (attack a spot on a tile, spawn minion, special dragon move). However due to the addition of the traits, the fight is still drastically different.

This is all hypothesis of course cause I have no idea what was the original plan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, thanks for the info. What about the poison dragon? Can you spoiler that one too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Lozano
France
Saint-Etienne
flag msg tools
Trying to find time to paint...
badge
...but translating all day long !
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the information indeed, but I don't think there is a need of spoiler, since the one who doesn't want to be spoilt will not look at this topic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.