Subject: Rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Trapeni

Vermont
msg tools
Two questions:

Completed Region scoring.
When a region is completed, there are two bonuses, one of them fixed to the size of the region and the other based on which phase. I feel like the extra 10 points for completing a region in phase 1 shouldn't be allowed for size 1 and 2 regions. I just played my 8th game last night and used a board that allowed me to place my castle next to two small regions. This felt like cheating. Am I reading the instructions correctly? If I complete a size 1 region in phase 1, do I get 11 points?

Worker disbursement.
I understand that the first player gets one worker and the second player gets 2, etc, but does this worker disbursement only occur at the start of the game? Since the turn order changes throughout the game, we played one game where every roll we handed out workers accordingly to this plan, but it was too many workers. Does worker disbursement only occur at the beginning of the game once, every roll, or start of each phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yoeddy wrote:
Two questions:

Completed Region scoring.
When a region is completed, there are two bonuses, one of them fixed to the size of the region and the other based on which phase. I feel like the extra 10 points for completing a region in phase 1 shouldn't be allowed for size 1 and 2 regions. I just played my 8th game last night and used a board that allowed me to place my castle next to two small regions. This felt like cheating. Am I reading the instructions correctly? If I complete a size 1 region in phase 1, do I get 11 points?

You are.

Without that bonus you would likely never work on that region. Not to mention that doing so cuts into your big bonus for filling the larger region of the same type.

Seems reasonably balanced to me.

Quote:

Worker disbursement.
I understand that the first player gets one worker and the second player gets 2, etc, but does this worker disbursement only occur at the start of the game? Since the turn order changes throughout the game, we played one game where every roll we handed out workers accordingly to this plan, but it was too many workers. Does worker disbursement only occur at the beginning of the game once, every roll, or start of each phase?

Start of the game only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Tailher
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to that question I just realised we missed the +1, +2 workers for our first gameplay with a friend today. Good to remember for next time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.