Subject: Difference between Jump & Flying rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone tell me the difference between jump and flying. Reading the rules I don't really see what the difference is.

In the rules it says under Jump that "the last hex of a jump is still considered normal movement" and the Flying rules say that the last hex is also ignored. What does that really mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Klein
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nusferatu wrote:
Can someone tell me the difference between jump and flying. Reading the rules I don't really see what the difference is.

In the rules it says under Jump that "the last hex of a jump is still considered normal movement" and the Flying rules say that the last hex is also ignored. What does that really mean?

With Jump, your movement cannot end on an obstacle, and trap effects apply on the last hex. With Fly, you can end on an obstacle, and trap effects do not apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd T
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, with the Cragheart's ability to push monsters into objects and cause them damage, does that apply to flying creatures, too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so -- if a monster is flying, it never has to land. So the Cragheart can push it into the desired hex, but not into the trap (unless there's a special rule on the card, I guess).

Also, there's rules in the main rulebook for how to treat a creature that loses flying while hovering on an obstacle/trap hex. Obviously I don't yet know how common that might be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kolarius wrote:
Nusferatu wrote:

With Jump, your movement cannot end on an obstacle, and trap effects apply on the last hex. With Fly, you can end on an obstacle, and trap effects do not apply.

I see, thanks. This was one of those things I'd wish there was an example of in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.