Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Cohen
United States
Washington DC
DC
flag msg tools
mb
We had a question last night about being banned from the assembly.

One player had the "Traitor to the Throne" (may not be correct title) charge which gave other players 5 crowns and 2 votes if they attacked him.

1) This player ("Player A") later became banned, does that mean that the Charge would no longer reward players who attack him?

2) If "Player B" becomes banned, does he earn money and votes for attacking player A, assuming the Charge is still active on "A"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe so. I certainly don't remove any charges that provide troops if a player is banned, nor do I strip the player of their offices.

My view was that they simply didn't have to comply with any laws that are currently in play. From the rules. I have bolded text for emphasis.

Charges, motions, and offices must be refused as soon as they are passed by the Assembly. Discard the Agenda if it targets the Baron. Under this circumstance, the infuriated Baron immediately storms out of the Assembly and is immediately banned from the Assembly. He may not vote on any further Agendas.

Laws may be refused whenever a Baron is required to comply with the law . For example, if a law implements a tax on income received during the Taxation phase, a Baron may wait until the Taxation phase to refuse to pay the tax and become banned from the Assembly.

A Baron cannot refuse to follow an Assembly decision to withdraw an office or charge from a Baron.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.