1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Core set delivery already delayed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
I saw these comments in Poots' comment history but can't find the referenced comments in the ks feed. Assuming we pick up quite a few more pledges in the final 2 days, is it safe to assume the core set is already delayed by months? As for the second comment, I for one would much rather have a chance at getting the core set earlier and risk being one of the few left out, despite how much it'd suck. What if the orders that get delayed had a free promo or expansion thrown in or something like that? Anyway, here are the comments:

@Edward, we have 10,000 units in print. Due to the size of this campaign, I am not sure if that will be enough, which will lead to delays

@Bramithra, not sure. How would you feel if you didn't make the cut and Core Games were up on eBay before you got yours a few months later?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say I'm surprised. Poots never expected the reprint to explode like THIS. I know I expected it to be pretty big, but not record-setting big. He was also pretty up front in one of the earlier updates that the print run had already been ordered (IIRC it was the first or second update, when he announced the gold smoke knight had been added and was already at the printer and as such wouldn't delay the core box by adding it). There's currently more than 16k backers. I'd say he's short a bit if he only ordered 10k.

Sucks, but what are you gonna do. He's right though, imagine the salt if he just sent out the first 10k and the people who lost that particular lottery had to wait months while others bought copies off ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yup. That checks out completely. Poots did say at the start that everything in the core and upgrade already went into printing and has been planned out in terms of content prior to K.S.

Logic would dictate as far as production sets go. He would have to produce twice as much if the campaign did twice as much in terms of numbers.

So yes. I'd expect delays.
But it's KS. And Poots.

You should expect delays as par course.
Edit. Just think. When you order from their shop it takes a full month sometimes. Imagine a Kickstarter of this success ;P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T McC
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick glance at the numbers of backers for core game (not counting update packs) is already over 11,000, so yeah, if they're holding till all are ready it'll be delayed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonahdel
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I say ship it based on backer number.

You pledged first? You get it first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xairen wrote:
I say ship it based on backer number.
You pledged first? You get it first.

Since I'm backer #109, I approve this message!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris F
United States
Willmar
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, would suck to be one of the left out later backers, but as long as it isn't in the official store, not a big deal. Ebay copies will be terribly marked up I am sure. Backers should be happy with waiting a few months after that for their cheaper KS order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris F
United States
Willmar
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Along with the above comments, Poots also emphasized that the Inverted Mountain campaign will need those certain specific new expansions, otherwise it won't makes sense and will "be sucky" I think were close to his exact words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Suits me, gives me more time to play other games until KD:M takes over my life. Increases the chance of the current expansions shipping out around the same time too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've backed a few Kickstarter campaigns where they knew their production run. Once that number was hit they locked that pledge level and opened a new one with a later projected delivery date although that would just confuse the pledge levels even more. I would be ok with staggered shipping as long as it was within a month or two of each other even if I was later. Your location is going to play a major role anyway as that could delay your game 4-6 weeks over someone near the same number. If he does what helps him manage the large number of ship outs and is up front and transparent about it then people will support him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Would have maybe been a good idea a few weeks ago to point this out and possibly even state backers up to x date will get delivery at the current estimate, backers after that will get delivery at a later date. I agree that it should go in the order people backed, but I'm sure increasing the print size isn't a trivial matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
It's cute that you guys think KDM shipping department is competent enough to track order numbers and sequences...

If you bought from them before you'd know that it's basically all dark magic after you pay the money.

I'd fully expect wild wild west kickstarter shipments of no particular reasoning or sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaggy Bob
Australia
flag msg tools
How can you see which backer number you are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pretty sure it's on the email confirming you pledged

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1st printing sold out, so he ran a 2nd ks.
$9mill later, and he's already runout of the 2nd printing?
Seems like he needs a 3rd KS....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
basketball_curry wrote:

@Edward, we have 10,000 units in print. Due to the size of this campaign, I am not sure if that will be enough, which will lead to delays

He should already know that 10K core games is not enough. Just add up all the pledges that get the game and realize that it is currently equal to 11,363. Well over 1,000 people would have to drop their pledges.

It doesn't surprise me. I expected the core to ship September (technically still "Summer 2017") at earliest anyway. There are a lot of changes in 1.5 and a huge number of units to ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nah.
Everybody gets his game at the same time. That's fairness.
Of course people who pledged first will agree with this nonsense, what a scoop...

It's not fair because:

1) it has never been said anywhere prior to or during the campaign. People would have behave differently if they knew that.
2) It is not that obvious because some people were the first to pledge but changed their pledge in the meantime and some of these people made the effort to go to a higher tier.

Try to explain to anyone who pledged first a 777$ tier and went later to a 1666$ tier that another one who was second to pledge a 200$ tier will get his product before him.

You'll get legitimate complaints all over the place because it is not as fair as you might think.

And pledging first has no merit.
You do what you can do according to your timezone, with the schedule you have, the job you have, the family you have and the budget you have.

I fail to see why a wealthy, single and unemployed American using fastbacker would have more merit than a European, middle class, hard worker, family woman who doesn't know a thing about KS scripts.

We are all in the same boat.
Stop with the privileges already.
If we say we are a community, let's behave as such and let's take one for the team.

If we had the choice I would give to someone else my place in the queue because I already have the core game.
That is the kind of positive spirit we need.
Not that same old selfish song we hear all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
drew reilly
United States
Middeltown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
+1 Baylock....sounds quite sane to me.
My completely uneducated guess is that Poots will wait until the dust settles and order another run of whatever is required to deliver KS obligations plus 2K or 3K more units for the store. I figure that is how I scored my copy in the store last year after I missed the first KS. While it probably will not be a 10K run, it will be north of 5K and he'll make a good return on that.
Either way, more copies in circulation will increase exposure beyond the KS "Event" and get more folks interested in the game. Backers will be waiting a couple of months longer than expected, but as most of the backers are not new to KS delays are not exactly uncommon when backing kick starter projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex J
United States
New York
flag msg tools
One interesting thing that happened to me that might possibly have a modification of the overall backer count is this:

Originally backed a lower tier at a backer number below 1000.
Later tried to change my tier to a higher tier. When I tried to do this on my phone it wouldn't let me do it. I kept getting errors. So I had to cancel my first pledge. And go with a new pledge and a much higher backer number. I can't imagine my first, lower backer number was replaced by another backer.

So this might change the overall number of backers? If the number of backers displayed on Kickstarter is the number of the backer that last backed he project. If that makes sense.

I haven't added up all the backers for each pledge tier and compared it to the total number of backers though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Underwood

Sacramento
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Changing your pledge doesn't change your backer number or date backed. Maybe if you dropped it completly and then added one back, but not just for changing it.

Adam has to pay for storage if he isn't shipping the games. Depending on how long an additional print run takes, it may cost a significant amount of money to delay shipping what is already produced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex J
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Like i said. I cancelled my pledge.......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dérek Boily
Canada
Québec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know. Maybe I'm already used to receive KS later than almost everyone (Yay Canada!), but getting those 10k units out of his warehouse just seems like a pretty reasonable thing to do. Keeping this kind of stock in a warehouse does cost money, and I'd rather have him use this money on something else (dev time, more promos, something...). Of course it is unfair, but getting the damaged copy is too, or receiving the wrong set of legs for your Spidicules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Taipan59 wrote:
So this might change the overall number of backers? If the number of backers displayed on Kickstarter is the number of the backer that last backed he project. If that makes sense.

Backer #s don't change if you change pledge levels.
If you cancelled your pledge, your backer # doesn't get replaced.
The current displayed total of backers *is* the current number of backers.
But if the KS shows currently 16,349 backers, a new backer might get backer #17,564, because of all the cancelled/dropped pledges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree with Baylock's sentiment, I doubt Poots would want to store 10k boxes of KD:M in a warehouse until he gets a second print run completed. Plus, I'm sure it's easier for them to ship out the first 10k boxes and then the next 8k (<- random guess) boxes later rather than shipping out 18k boxes at once.

If they want to ship out the first 10k boxes while keeping it fair, they just need to do a random draw. It doesn't matter if you pledged $200 or $2000, if you pledged first or last, if your in Autralia, Peru, or the USA, or whatever... your name goes into the hat once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
drew reilly
United States
Middeltown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
To take something from the OP:
@Bramithra, not sure. How would you feel if you didn't make the cut and Core Games were up on eBay before you got yours a few months later?

To keep the KD:M brand as flame free as possible it makes sense to keep the container with the first reprint sit in China until the second run is done.

We're all in this together

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.