Ticket to Ride» Forums » Rules

Subject: When can you lay down completed destination cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Haley Soltau
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I completed a route, so I laid down the destination card and picked up a replacement. But the replacement I picked up goes through route that I've already completed meaning this one is done as well. Can I lay down that destination card immediately or do I have to hold on to it and wait until my next turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
You don't "claim" destination routes as being completed until the very end of the game. They're secret until then.

If you pick up a ticket & you've effectively already completed it, awesome!! Free points, basically.

And next turn, you can draw destination tickets again if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't get 'replacement' tickets.

You must spend your entire turn to draw new tickets and keep at least one of the new options, discarding the remainder drawn you didn't want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bockelman
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are playing Ticket to Ride: First Journey (which it sounds like you are), then the designer specified that you get to draw another card immediately.

The thread where this was discussed is here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Kafka
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like how it works in Ticket to Ride: First Journey (U.S.). Any chance this is just in the wrong forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.