Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Peterson
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping that the company name isn't a sign of things to come....

I sent an email on Dec. 26 stating that when my daughter opened her Christmas presents that we found most of the red and yellow marbles were chipped and damaged. I have not heard back from them. Anyone else had similar experiences?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... they are Horrible ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, we were (and still are) closed for the holidays. Yes, we are that kind of horrible people that doesn't work during world-wide holiday seasons!
Since you are in the US though, I can already tell you that in your case you should write to Cool Mini or Not, who distributes the game in your country.

Have a happy new year!

Best regards,
Alessandro
Horrible Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Cray
United States
Dubuque
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a copy as well and a lot of my marbles are chipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The marbles were a huge disappointment in this game. However, I got lucky only had one that was completely unusable (not even close to being round). Not sure why marbles in a few colours were so difficult to produce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have only 1 "unusable" marble then you are fine: there are 8 replacement marbles in the box, 2 for each color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kleinfall
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
http://www.rockler.com/marbles-for-chinese-checkers-60-pk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Barrand
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We shouldn't have to buy replacement marbles for a game we purchased.
The only marbles that look decent are the blue ones. Most of my yellow are chipped or broken, the blacks seem to vary in size, and the "red" marbles are not really red.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ab5124 wrote:
We shouldn't have to buy replacement marbles for a game we purchased.
The only marbles that look decent are the blue ones. Most of my yellow are chipped or broken, the blacks seem to vary in size, and the "red" marbles are not really red.
From your photos, you seem the have bought a very old copy (and with very defective marbles). Where did you buy it from?

Anyhow, write to customercare@horrible-games.com (or, since I see you are from the United States, you can write directly to support@cmon.com). You definitely need replacement parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Peterson
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update:

I contacted Cool Mini or Not. I was told that if the marbles rolled and there aren't sharp edges, then the marbles will not be replaced. Needless to say, I'm not happy. Usually when I buy a new product I expect it to arrive in "like new" condition (and not with chipped paint).

Very frustrated.....

angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MN Gopher wrote:
Update:

I contacted Cool Mini or Not. I was told that if the marbles rolled and there aren't sharp edges, then the marbles will not be replaced. Needless to say, I'm not happy. Usually when I buy a new product I expect it to arrive in "like new" condition (and not with chipped paint).

Very frustrated.....

angry
Write us at customercare@horrible-games.com (and please include photos of all your marbles, if possible). We'll see what we can do to solve your situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just picked up a copy and had four red marbles that were not usable for play. So I guess I'm going to have to contact customer service. :/

And yeah, the overall quality of the other marbles were pretty disappointing, as well. Lot of subtle but noticeable differences in the sizes. I don't think it will affect gameplay much, but pretty disappointing quality.

The red marbles are the worst, though. They're not smooth at all. Very rough. Most seem like clear marbles that were painted or dipped red, and on most, the red paint or whatever has worn off.

Though they wouldn't have that cool glass marble "clink" when they hit, I think they would have been better off just doing plastic marbles. The sizes would have been more consistent and there wouldn't be an issue with color wiping off on your hands.

It kind of speaks volumes that they went ahead and included extra marbles right off the bat. In my case, the two red replacements weren't enough, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheMadMime wrote:
Just picked up a copy and had four red marbles that were not usable for play. So I guess I'm going to have to contact customer service. :/

And yeah, the overall quality of the other marbles were pretty disappointing, as well. Lot of subtle but noticeable differences in the sizes. I don't think it will affect gameplay much, but pretty disappointing quality.

The red marbles are the worst, though. They're not smooth at all. Very rough. Most seem like clear marbles that were painted or dipped red, and on most, the red paint or whatever has worn off.

Though they wouldn't have that cool glass marble "clink" when they hit, I think they would have been better off just doing plastic marbles. The sizes would have been more consistent and there wouldn't be an issue with color wiping off on your hands.

It kind of speaks volumes that they went ahead and included extra marbles right off the bat. In my case, the two red replacements weren't enough, unfortunately.

We gave a copy of the game for Christmas to a family member and we were so embarrassed to see the quality of the game inside the box when they opened it to play with us. The marbles were a mess (at least 9 or 10 of them chipped or otherwise blemished), all of the punchouts were not cut (punched) deep enough so we ended up with torn artwork on just about every potion bottle, some of the graphics print registry was off so the artwork is slid off the bottle on one edge and the cardboard is so thin on the marble dispense that it will not stay together on its own. We had to glue it together.

I filed a claim on the CMON site and they responded within two weeks. They said they would make it right if they could if I would send them some pictures of these conditions. I just sent the pictures the other night so I am awaiting a resolution now. We are hopeful based on the email we got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
The red marbles are sooooo weird. It's almost as if they were clear marbles and then painted red, and most of the red coating has worn off.

Very poor quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.