Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins» Forums » General

Subject: how did all the KS backers go over 2016?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Creepy horrocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im not going to make an apology to anyone who didn't back this game that is offended by me continuing this topic to start, but as a backer i received base game an a random selection of backed items(not everything i paid for & noting its all wave#1 stuff mostly that i didn't receive) with a disappointing amount of missing parts including a missing Alien Queen head cry.(& how disappointing is the quality of the Predator ship tiles, paper thin thumbsdown) So basically i got something, although i paid triple what the RRP is for each item technically. Nice KS backer reward from PRODOS thumbsdown

So with that would like to hear feedback on other KS backers with how they went with what they received if anything? eg. complete orders, just base game, all extras etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally received the remains of my pledge in December. However, to close the books on it I had to....

1) Get registered on the Backer Facebook group (not easy - took a couple months and a couple emails).
2) Message their customer service lady, Alicia (sp?)
3) Trade-off a couple of unfinished items (inc.rulebook) for items that were completed - "lost" at least one item I really wanted but by that point it was better for my sanity to be able to draw a line under it all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Gale
United Kingdom
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for 3D terrain and some other figures, along with wargame rules, not to mention updated pdf for rules 2.1 and cards.
Have received base game and ordered from PRODOS some extra figures to get some of the rest of my order sent!
I spent about £450, still another £200 or more to come!
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gotten noting but the main boxed game and like OP, a handful of other things I ordered. Still waiting on several items.

Yeah, the Predator tiles (I did get those) were a massive waste of money. I guess if I am honest, the KS was a massive waste of money to me. I sure would like to get the rest of my stuff, but have zero faith I ever will.

I've been so disappointed in this project that I've been intending to sell off my stuff WHEN I get it all. Now that the WHEN is really an IF I may sell off what I have.

Jarek and crew disgust me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a backer too. I backed the base game, and about 4 extras, including the sergeant, the eggs, facehuggers, and one of the alien types (bezerker?). I finally gave in and made an additional purchase, the power loader, and was able to get the stuff shipped through the "buy something more and we'll finally ship to you" offer last summer.

So I have all of my stuff (I am assuming I'll never get a new rule book or cards).

Detail on the minis is great. I have assembled and painted half of it, but there it sits while I move to other miniature games. I have lost my desire for the game (although I have been in love with the franchise since Aliens came out).

EDIT: Bought the sentry guns and received those too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Park
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've never received anything.

Pledge manager still says 'awaiting'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recieved my copies of the base game, and all of the wave one extras and part of the wave two stuff. I'm still owed approximately 400 GPB of stuff, including the marines and predators objective markers, sergeants, clear preds, young bloods, sentry guns, Dutch and Lynn, the wargame book, and probably a whole bunch of other stuff that isn't coming to mind right now.

Truth is, I feel more than just taken by this ks. It has been a very disappointing and eye opening experience for sure. I deeply regret going with my heart vs my head on this one. But as they say hind sight is 20/20. I have no idea what is actually happening with this game right now, but as it sits is veritably unplayable. I've tried to play using 1.2 rules three times, once solo and twice with a friend, all those times, it was apparent that the rules are deeply flawed. The quality of components (baring the minis themselves) is very lack luster. From the different sized and thicknesses of the ping! tokens, the extremely repetative art work on the tiles, and disappointing rule set, there isn't much to be happy with to be honest.

The communication has been worse than terrible. They have lied to us more times than I can count. This truely is the worst ks I have ever been a part of, and some of them have not and will never deliver (and they're still better, because at least I understand why).

I may get the rest of my stuff, I may not, as it stands now, I don't even care. I have lost any interest in this game. Again, the minis are awesome, everything else though sucked. Everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levant Mayne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Only got my stuff last week. Still missing the hardback rulebook, but I'm doubting that'll ever come to fruition.

Two of my friends near me are still waiting and haven't recieved anything, nor had a response to emails.

I feel like the only reason I got mine was because I bought the dropship because I wanted one. Prodos won't be getting much out of us after this.

Wouldn't be so bad if Jarek wasn't a complete tool, blaming everyone else for his terrible management. Yeah fox might be crap, but they're not the ones lying to us, not the ones holding onto pledges etc etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McHugh
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to join their forums and hound them until I got lucky with a reply. Then out of the blue got a shipping notice and got the game plus some minis. I backed at 5 in the pipe , I think it was called but I don't even know if that is what I got. At this time I said I will never knowingly give anything to Prodos because I think they are full of it and used us. I opend the box just to throw the minis in it and there it sits because I'm so jaded with the company that I think I would be better off just getting rid of it. Two years of being lied to and blaming everybody else without taking responsibility goes a long way why I will never trust them again. I hope you guys get what you paid for because that is the suckyish part of their business practice. No one here is asking for anything but what they paid for and they are in their bubble of denial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had you written this before I wrote mine, I would have just said, "See James's post," as my experience/feelings are nearly identical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creepy horrocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@jake

i opened the box and thought, "this is the Predator Tile Expansion????"
Cant believe they didn't feel a little bit guilty about them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats weird, as uninspired as the art for the pred tiles was, the thickness of the ones that I got were identical to the base game (relatively thick). Not that I'll probably ever use them, I can't see any reason to right now. Its not like I'm even remotely interested in creating new scenarios, when I can't even seem to enjoy playing the game the way it is right now. Truth be told, I always wanted this for the wargame aspect. Which, I don't know if we'll ever see tbh. (But they promised... yeah, right.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game is sitting on my shelf.

As said before they minis are great (i painted them) but the rules are just really bad.

I brought the game to my FLGS and we were all underwhelmed by the rule set.

Maybe one day we will get a proper set of rules that work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Babiński
Poland
Łomża
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is not only trouble with AVP. One my friend until today didn't get his WarZoneRes minis from kickstarter. And the WZR kickstarter action was much earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T. Probst
Germany
Waghäusel
of the Art
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow, and you're from Poland..., you should take a short ride and visit Jarek AND PLEASE give him some handshakes from us all (direct to his fa....!)

As I wrote in an other thread here, short before the German fair "Spiel Essen" I was informing them I will send my lawyer direct to the fair...
(Had in mind to inform the fair management about such a possible step to "close their both" at the fair in front of "possible" customers...
AND, at least they sent a hugh box with a lot of my missing content...
BUT yes, still no hard cover rulebook, still no dice..., still no cloaking predator sculptes... maybe all things they will never produce!!!

Jarek has a new Kickstarter runnig "new company ARCHON" - you'll find nothing here at BGG..., so please take care and don't back this...!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Brownscombe
Australia
Faulconbridge
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no cloaking predators, predator ship tiles, or resin terrain yet for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Secret Squig
msg tools
Received the Main Game and some of the stuff I ordered. Missing Marines, YoungBloods, Cloaked, Dutch & Lynne, Sentry Guns, Queen, and others. Game has been sat on a shelf over 12 months just gathering dust. I had such high hopes, PRODOS has killed any such interest. I've written off the rest of the stuff. If I ever recieve them, I'll count it as a nice bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike MacMartin
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've still received nothing at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creepy horrocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmacmartin wrote:
thats a kick in the guts!!!!
Why cant Kick-starter have a loyalty policy on their platform banning the "RIPOFF merchants"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmacmartin wrote:

Whatever you do, don't read the LOAD forums here on BGG. Far too many people there effectively saying "so what? LOAD is great, therefore Archon are great - stop digging up the past, man!"

Practically though - try Messaging Alicja Rzepka to find out what your order status is. She finally got me my final bits, though I had to trade some stuff to finally get a resolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the issue with the Load folks is that they have a "didn't happen to me, so it might as well not have happened". Not only did they get the game that they backed, but they got it early(!). I wonder how long it will take Prodos/Archon to show their true colours? When I backed AvP, I looked at the WarZone ks and aside from a few complaints, the majority of the backers seemed quite happy with what they got. I considered my diligence done and backed it. I hope for the sake of the Vanguard backers that history doesn't repeat itself, but at the same time, would take some small petty pleasure in saying "told you so!". Meh... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I still have to reveive the sentry guns and female predator miniature.

I'm not sure if I also have to receive more terrain tiles (predator ship tiles?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levant Mayne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Stu Holttum wrote:
mmacmartin wrote:

Whatever you do, don't read the LOAD forums here on BGG. Far too many people there effectively saying "so what? LOAD is great, therefore Archon are great - stop digging up the past, man!"

Practically though - try Messaging Alicja Rzepka to find out what your order status is. She finally got me my final bits, though I had to trade some stuff to finally get a resolution.

They LOAD and Vanguard lot are just participating in huge circle jerk. Archeon can't possibly do anything wrong!
I hope Rod is right and it bites them in the arse!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumpae wrote:
I think the issue with the Load folks is that they have a "didn't happen to me, so it might as well not have happened". ....

Rod, I've quoted you in the below thread as I think it is an excellent point - I thought it would only be polite to let you know!

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24809164#24809164

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stu, Thanks for the heads up. More than anything, I think that they should be most aware, that as soon as any part of the Vangaurd campaign has any issues, thats when the problems start.

Prodos have proven that they can make top notch miniatures. They have also proven that at the very best they have... challanges with rule sets... But most importantly they have proven that they have extremely poor problem solving skills, resorting to childlike behaviour (lashing out, threatening legal action, blaming backers and partners, lying, etc.) as soon as they face criticism or things start to slide away from them. That is their biggest failing. This where the problems lie.

Instead of owning a problem, using clear communication to get and stay in front of it, and take the proper steps to rectify the situation, they actually do the opposite. Rather than own up to the mess that AvP became, they decided to try and sweep it under the rug, and rather than try and make things right, they decided to dead beat dad it by denying their past, and starting a new company. By changing their name, restructuring their staff, and continuing to produce new products they are ignoring thier problems, and thier backers.

I feel like its almost a war of attrition. The longer they hold off on finishing up the AvP, the more likely it is that they won't need to. Already we are seeing the Load people saying "that was the past, move on" and its only been three years. Most AvP backers have lost any enthusiasm for the project, most have given up hope of recieving their pledges, and most no longer have the energy to hold Prodos accountable. I've even seen some backers succumb to Stockholms syndrome (drank the kool-aide) and blame backers for the things that have happened. That leaves an ardent few who continue to try and get Prodos to do the right thing, and people tire of hearing the "same couple of people" complaining. Further eroding the will of those of us left. I have found that I can't even try and engage in conversation about it, without being belittled, and told I'm whining. Its a bleak situation, with a bleak outlook.

The only thing that I think we can do, is continue our efforts. Try as dimplomatically as possible to engage with other potential future backers and warn them about this company, whilst also trying to engage with Prodos/Archon to get them to make things right. We should not resort to Prodos like tactics and belittle those who disagree with us, it doesn't further our cause. Remember who you are frustrated with, and know that expressing it aggressively will only make us (the victims) appear to be the villains. I for one, will not stop until the last backer has their stuff, as long as Prodos/Archon exist as a company, and don't live up to their obligations, we must resist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.