6 Posts

Agricola (Revised Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rammed Clay rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Connor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does this card allow you to pay a cost for fences with combined wood and clay resources? Ie: I want 6 fences, I pay 4 wood and 2 clay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
I briefly had the same question the other day when I was playing. Seems to me that you would be able to, but perhaps someone knows for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ralph rob
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had exactly the same question last time I played this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
badge
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we played that it can only be clay, but I can see it going either way. What I DO know is that every time that card got passed in the draft whoever got it couldnt resist saying it out loud and giggling #adult

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Connor84 wrote:
Does this card allow you to pay a cost for fences with combined wood and clay resources? Ie: I want 6 fences, I pay 4 wood and 2 clay.

Absolutely, yes. The wording of the card is explicit: You can use clay instead of wood to build fences. There are no further caveats or limitations. It doesn't say only clay, nor does it in any way indicate that you can no longer use wood, nor does it specifically say you can't use both simultaneously.

Truthfully, the card would be relatively useless otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff is correct.

Note the card reads "can" and not "must".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.