6 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Empire strategy - Naboo + Mandalore // Rebel fighter strategy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastiaan Ringoot
msg tools
Empire strategy - Naboo + Mandalore

When playing the empire, the key lies in finding the base, but also being able to hit it fast and with a lot of troops.

If you gather a large fleet in both Mandalore and Naboo, you can 2-strike all systems on the map, except for 3. Namely Nal Hutta in the north, and Hoth + Endor in the southeast.

It seems a decent strategy to mass your fleet in these two systems, and use the early turns to check out the 3 systems that are outside of the 2-step reach of the two large fleets you're massing.
In space combat you're always the superior force as the empire, but in land combat it's not unseen for the rebels to mass enough troops to defend the rebel base. And the death star(s) might just be too far away, or be destroyed by red leader. That's why it's necesarry to only split up into two fleets who can act fast. And also on top of that, I also advice to keep 1/2 At-At's and At-St's on the build queue. Just wait untill you know where the rebel base is, then add to the invading fleet.

Rebel fighter strategy

Last game I destroyed a death star for the first time ( huzah! ) I simply put every fighter I procuded on the rebel space base, and I had Dodonna's plan the assault card. I had 10+ fighters hitting a deathstar /1 Imperial Star Destroyer / 5 Tie Fighters.

I destroyed the deathstar after first combat step, ( Question: was I allowed to use the reroll 2 dice card for this? if not, sorry Palpatine )
Either way, we proceeded with the destroyed Death star. There was no retreat possible ( empire card played ) and my fighters actually won on the second turn, 2/3 x-wings remaining.

Splitting up your fleet into capital ships/fighter is highly effective. My empire opponent rolled 4 red hits the first round, all wasted.

Same for my capital ship fleet, being the attacker with a '3' tactic combat leader, they attacked a far superior empire fleet, killed 1 star destroyer ( in exchance for just 1 Moncal ) and retreated. +1 Rebel victory point.

You basically reduce your opponents ' hitting you factor ' by 25% by not having capital ships or fighters in your fleet.

Edit : Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used that exact strategy my last game as the empire. But I got really lucky with probes, so I knew kashyyyk and malastare could both reach the rebel base by turn 7 so that is where I built up my fleets.

Definitely try and rule out the harder to reach systems first.

It just seems right to save the best units in the build que until I know they can be deployed in a spot that will reach that base.

The Empire won that game by turn 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Kangro
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sringoot wrote:
( Question: was I allowed to use the reroll 2 dice card for this? if not, sorry Palpatine )

I think that was not allowed. The goal card happens *after* the spacebattle phase (I only have the German version, so I don't know the correct term. space tactic cards can only be played in space battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Feirick
msg tools
He used the force

But you are correct. The attack on the death star is separate dice roll from combat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
F2PEngineer wrote:
He used the force

But you are correct. The attack on the death star is separate dice roll from combat

the rules on what can and cannot modify the DSP roll are a bit weird. You can't use tactics cards but you can use the Yoda Ring or One in a Million.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a nice theory. The problem is that the high-value systems that you'd really like to lock down ASAP are NOT on that list of things to take care of - the systems producing Star Destroyers and AT-ATs.

You are certainly correct in noting that the key is not just to find the Rebel Base, but to be able to hit it hard. A lot of people assume, "Well, I'm the Empire, so OF COURSE I have overwhelming force ready to go," and things don't work out well for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.