Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, all,

Lonely Spirit:

Two questions:

1) Does "cannot be discarded" also imply "cannot be traded"?

i.e. obviously i want Brother Marcus to have this little fellow, so i'd like to trade it to him, but i'm not sure if the intent of "discard" also includes "trading".

2) it is not clear to me, based on this wording, whether the Hero with this follower loses 1 Investigation each TIME the Shadow Track moves towards Darkness, or for each POINT of movement. The wording seems ambiguous to me. i.e. if the Track moves 2 points at once, does this Hero lose 1 or 2 points of Investigation?

:-?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how I have played both of these

1) Not sure on the official response but I would say you can trade it. She is still attached to someone.

2) I would play it by the effect. If a single effect or result says move 2 toward darkness then to me that is 1 movement towards Darkness even though the degree of movement is more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play she cannot be traded or given away. She is effectively haunting the hero who found her, hence needing to get back to the Church to be exorcized. We do play though that if a card or effect forces you to discard her then you can.

As for the Shadow Track movement you should count each step individually. So moving it two steps in your example yields two investigation. Moving it two steps equals moving it "a step closer" at a time, two times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup both ways are fine in my opinion. If the rules are gray, then make a decision that works for your group and be consistent for that play session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.