BattleLore (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Refresh rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barmace Drachewolf
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
I saw a video that said that if you only move 1 unit you can refresh your command cards? I read in the book that you have to play a command card so I am not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play any card to order any one unit. Maybe that is what they are referring too.

After considering this I am not 100% sure this rule is official, but something we play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barmace wrote:
I saw a video that said that if you only move 1 unit you can refresh your command cards? I read in the book that you have to play a command card so I am not sure.

If by "refresh your command cards" you mean that you draw a new hand of four, then no, that is not a rule. You may, however, discard a command card from your hand during the command step to order any one unit on the board instead of playing a command card and ordering the units it says to order. This rule means you are never locked out of ordering any units and gives you a way of removing command cards that can't be used (e.g. Darken the Skies when you have no archers on the board).

In the app version of the game, you do not draw random command cards from a deck. Instead, you have 7 or so commands and once you use one, you can't use it again until you refresh your hand of command cards. The way you refresh cards is by using a specific command that lets you order one unit and refresh all of your basic command cards.

I have a feeling that the video you watched was either referring to the app, or was using a house rule taken from the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Laeveren
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Refresh is in Batllelore Command, the app

Nic app anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.