Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Race! Formula 90» Forums » Rules

Subject: Track card with CHASE rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Federico Vespoli
msg tools
Hi everybody,

for getting track cards with chase is it only necessary that you arrive in the chased section or is it also necessary activate the "power" of chase drawing first from the chased race card he used to move his car and in second moment arrive in the same section of chased car? the doubt was born because it seems too easy get track cards without using chased race cards too.

And if I use CHASE can I draw track card of chased (it seems not)

Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zannaferoce wrote:
Hi everybody,

for getting track cards with chase is it only necessary that you arrive in the chased section or is it also necessary activate the "power" of chase drawing first from the chased race card he used to move his car and in second moment arrive in the same section of chased car? the doubt was born because it seems too easy get track cards without using chased race cards too.

It is necessary only to arrive in the chased car's section. Note that you don't get a track card if you overtake him and advance past his section.

zannaferoce wrote:

And if I use CHASE can I draw track card of chased (it seems not)
Thanks


Yes! It's the best reason to use chase! Note though that you cannot take any card he plays if he puts it on his dashboard.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Vespoli
msg tools
what does it mean that I cannot take any card if he puts it on dashboard? really I can take track cards of chased?

So with chase, I can use track card every turn, in theory. Because or I use mine or I use the chased one. I think it's weird, not balanced
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zannaferoce wrote:
what does it mean that I cannot take any card if he puts it on dashboard? really I can take track cards of chased?

Yes, if the player you chase plays a track card, you may take it.

dashboard card: I'm pointing out a rules exception. Usually you may take either card he played, but this is an exception to that rule.
When you play a green card, you must satisfy a check. You can use a card you played to make the check. In that case, you put the card you played on your player card (your dashboard). It replaces your current dashboard card. A player chasing you may not take your new dashboard card even though you just played it.

Quote:
So with chase, I can use track card every turn, in theory. Because or I use mine or I use the chased one. I think it's weird, not balanced

Yes, you could take his track card every turn if he plays one, and you could get another track card if you catch him. It sounds like it might not be balanced, but if you play, you will find it's not the case.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Vespoli
msg tools
I don't think so guys! maybe yyou are wrong because we try like as you said and we noted that if the player with CHASE cah draw track cards of chased he can full his hand of track cards and so fly. We think that you must use the power of chase if you want to take the track card
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stan has been playtesting this game, so I'm sure he knows what his is talking about.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Vespoli
msg tools
it's all right playtesting. but if I think rationally I can't believe that I can draw track cards every turn! I chase you and you are a little bit far. U use a track circuit. I draw it and I conserve it at the corner I need. Every turn. If you are not far you are overtaked. I think I need an official voice :/ but HE can't hear me hello alessandro! I am italian too
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zannaferoce wrote:
I don't think so guys! maybe yyou are wrong because we try like as you said and we noted that if the player with CHASE cah draw track cards of chased he can full his hand of track cards and so fly. We think that you must use the power of chase if you want to take the track card


I am not wrong here. Maybe you are playing it wrong in a different way. I don't know, but it is hard to get lots of track cards. You get one if you catch the player you are chasing, and you can take one he played -- if he played one, which is a big "if." Note that you don't get track cards if you chase a robot.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Vespoli
msg tools
no it doesn't hard, because if chased uses a track card and there is a long gap between I can draw it and use in corner. And this will be every time the chased uses a track card. I pick, I am in corner, I use and again. track card of chased, I pick, I am in corner I use.... Track card of chased, I pick, I am in corner so I use... Track card of chase, I pick, I am in corner I use, I get the chased section I get onother track card!!!!!!!!! so .. too much track card xD
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Vespoli
msg tools
I am not talking about get track cards, but play a lot of card track
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zannaferoce wrote:
no it doesn't hard, because if chased uses a track card and there is a long gap between I can draw it and use in corner. And this will be every time the chased uses a track card. I pick, I am in corner, I use and again. track card of chased, I pick, I am in corner I use.... Track card of chased, I pick, I am in corner so I use... Track card of chase, I pick, I am in corner I use, I get the chased section I get onother track card!!!!!!!!! so .. too much track card xD

Even if this scenario is somehow playing out: you're still not winning the game, and for all the track cards you're playing, the chased player is still ahead (with, as you say, a big gap).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zannaferoce wrote:
I am not talking about get track cards, but play a lot of card track

You surprise me with one thing. You are the first person on these boards to get excited about Chase. Usually people talk and complain about Hazard. Most people don't even think about Chase. I love it when I can Chase, and I always dream I will do what you describe.

One thing I love about Chase that's not obvious until you have been Chased: it feels awful being Chased!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zannaferoce wrote:
no it doesn't hard, because if chased uses a track card and there is a long gap between I can draw it and use in corner. And this will be every time the chased uses a track card. I pick, I am in corner, I use and again. track card of chased, I pick, I am in corner I use.... Track card of chased, I pick, I am in corner so I use... Track card of chase, I pick, I am in corner I use, I get the chased section I get on other track card!!!!!!!!! so .. too much track card xD

You're not garanteed to use the Track card.
What if your position is farther away than the chased car to that corner?
Let's say he plays a Track card with 6MP and stops in that corner on the 6th MP.
If your car was 4 sectors behind the car you're chasing (before it moved), you would have 10 sectors to get to that corner, so you can't play the Track card until next round.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Vespoli
msg tools
Renè, and what is the problem? I would pick the track card with 6MP (!!!) and I will use the next turn!!! and this turn I move on +N or I use the track card I picked the previous turn and so I will finish in that corner and the next turn I will move for 6MP. According to me is not balanced...

Stan I don't want to compare HAZARD with CHASE but CHASE it's too strong!! sure. With HAZARD you can take damages, how is it possible people prefer HAZARD? with CHASE u use only track cards!! but however I am waiting for the MASTER Alessandro who created a SUPER GAME meanwhile it' s important for me to talk with you and to know you that is a bug with CHASE
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Lala
United Kingdom
Weston-Super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
badge
Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Federico

yes, Chase can provide you with a lot of track cards and you can take the track cards played by the chased player and use them to copy his move.
It is a strategy I love and can work perfectly but
1. the chased player must have a good hand of cards and must not care being chased (I have seen players playing shit cards just to avoid me getting them)
2. there must be no robots between you and the chased player
3. you must not overtake him

My favorite tactic is to Chase someone who has to pit 3-4 turns before me. I steal his best cards and try to remain at close distance. After he pits I put down all those great cards I collected from him and create a sufficient enough gap so that when my time comes to pit I can exit the pits ahead of him.

A
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't tell you if Chase has a bug or not since I've never used it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Vespoli
msg tools
Greenskid wrote:
Hi Federico

yes, Chase can provide you with a lot of track cards and you can take the track cards played by the chased player and use them to copy his move.
It is a strategy I love and can work perfectly but
1. the chased player must have a good hand of cards and must not care being chased (I have seen players playing shit cards just to avoid me getting them)
2. there must be no robots between you and the chased player
3. you must not overtake him

My favorite tactic is to Chase someone who has to pit 3-4 turns before me. I steal his best cards and try to remain at close distance. After he pits I put down all those great cards I collected from him and create a sufficient enough gap so that when my time comes to pit I can exit the pits ahead of him.

A


Thank you for the answer Alessandro!!!! And THANKS FOR THE GAME!!!!!!!! I hope chase is not too strong.. Ci vediamo a Campobasso per una partita *___* le sono molto grato per questo incredibile gioco
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Vespoli
msg tools
I am not su enough :/ we will try. Now I think strategies with one pit are stronger because I can choose CHASE and my opponents will bring me forwards without spending resources
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Vespoli
msg tools
Alessandro, so do you confirm that I can use my own cards to get special without drawing from chased? I mean, I have to only stay in the section of chased to get special without to activate the power of chase of drawing from chasing, isn't it? and do you confirm that if I draw a card from chasing I will not be forced to use that card the same turn, isn't it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramalingam Raghavan
India
CHENNAI
Tamilnadu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CHASE - I found it pretty useful as the chased player could not play any good cards.
Could be pretty good in Combo with WISE DRIVING ESPECIALLY WHEN CHALLENGING THE LEADER, collect many track cards as possible with save tires and after pits change to CHASE. You will not depend on the chased player, effectively hampering him and gaining a lot of track cards in the process.

But still it would do well with a few tweaks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.