Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am surprised to achieve this. but i try my best to write all the details:

Playing solo with Roland.
after playing the 3 core set scenarios, all won with R1 resolutions.
Roland status:
2 mental trauma
2 physical trauma
a decent amount of Exp points in deck
I proxy Charisma Upgrade

Set-up:
Randomed Unhallowed as starting location
Roland 2/9 health, 2/5 horror
Hand: Evidence!, Guts, Emergency Cache, Guard Dog, Beat Cop(upgraded)
Resources = 5

Turn 1
1st action: Play Emergency cache (5+3=8)
2nd action: Play Beat Cop(upgraded) (8-4=4)
3rd action: Play Guard Dog (4-3=1)
Upkeep: Draw Working a Hunch +1 resource (1+1=2)
hand left: Evidence!, Guts, Working a Hunch
Resources : 2
2/9 health
2/5 horror

Turn 2
Mythos: +1 doom = 1/5 doom tokens, draw Bog Gator, engage it
1st action: Move, Attack of opportunity, Damage to Dog, horror to Beat Cop, dog bites the Gator, move resolves, move to adjacent unhallowed land, it was Ritual grounds. Use Beat Cop to kill the Gator, Use Roland Ability To auto grab the Clue Token.
2nd action: move back to Foul swamp, activate Act 1A... Shuffle encounter deck, set up more locations and so on.....
3rd action: Move to Backish waters (a riverside bayou)
Upkeep: Draw Roland's Special Gun +1 resource 2+1=3
hand left: Evidence!, Guts, Working a Hunch, Roland's Special Gun
Resources: 3
2/9 health
2/5 horror

Turn 3
Mythos: +1 doom = 2/5 doom tokens on Agenda1A, draw another Bog Gator (Really?! I do shuffle it well)
1st action: Move, Attack of opportunity, damage on dog, horror on Roland, dog bites. move resolves, move to location where the Rougarou is. use Beat cop to kill the Gator, auto grab the clue via roland's ability (yea a Dejavu here).
2nd action: Draw -> Unexpected Courage
3rd Action: Draw -> Another Guts
End - The curse dont damage since Roland Dealt dmg this turn
Upkeep: Draw Shotgun +1 Resource (3+1=4)
hand left: Evidence!, Guts, Working a Hunch, Roland's Special Gun, Guts, Shotgun
Resources: 4
2/9 health
2/5 horror

Turn 4

Mythos: +1 doom now 3/5 doom, draw Dark Young Host, I spawn it on wilderness Bayou
1st Action: Resource (4+1=5)
2nd action: Play Shotgun (5-5=0)
3rd action: Draw -> Overpower
End - take 1 horror from curse (3/5 horror)
Upkeep: Draw Paranoia LOL! Nothing to lose there! And +1 resource
hand left: Evidence!, Guts, Working a Hunch, Roland's Special Gun, overpower
Resources: 1
2/9 health
3/5 horror

Turn 5
Mythos: now 4/5 doom tokens, draw Marsh Gug, I spawn it along with Dark Young Host on wilderness Bayou.
1st action: Engage (spending a clue)
2nd action: Fight -> Shotgun!!
Base(4)+ Beat Cop(1)+ Shotgun(3)+ Discard [Overpower(2), Unexpected courage(2), Roland's Gun(2)]
4+1+3+2+2+2 = 14 ATK!!!
Draw From Mythos Bag = it is a (-1)
Rougarou is so Dead LOL!!!
(I didn't even draw my Vicious blows)

Wrap up and my thoughts:
- Done in 5 turns! Actually we can sa it is less than 5 turns, only 4 and 2/3 turns
- this is not what i am expecting on my 1st try on the scenario, since my success chance in previous scenarios is terrible
- use mythos bag only once!
- but of course auto fail exist, if i drew that, roland is so dead to retaliate
- i think i am prettu lucky on this game, elder godsgoo is with me
- Roland's ability is so good!
- I predict Charisma will be a staple upgrade in most decks

That's it! let me know if i missed something.

Thanks for reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you have 2 allies in turn 1. This is a no no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:

He's got Charisma.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Ito
msg tools
The flaw was rolands gun + shotgun, that would require 3 hands to be possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Great Googly Moogly!
badge
That's the sealiest thing I've ever heard!
mbmbmbmbmb
ultimate26 wrote:

He didn't play roland's gun, only committed it for icons to the fight skill test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
dlikos wrote:

He's got Charisma.

So you made me look up Charisma... Cool!

But now I some questions... when are the permanent card mechanics introduced? I couldn't find anything on the Dunwich page.
Do you have to draw them to use them or are they automatic?
How many can you have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Wolff
msg tools
dlikos wrote:

But now I some questions... when are the permanent card mechanics introduced?

From the rules reference:

Permanent is a deckbuilding keyword ability.

A card with the permanent keyword does not count towards your deck size.

A card with the permanent keyword still counts as being part of your deck and must therefore adhere to all other deckbuilding restrictions.

A card with the permanent keyword starts each game in play and is not shuffled into your investigator deck during setup.

A card with the permanent keyword cannot be discarded by any means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
Permanent cards are preemptively defined in the RR. Basically, you buy them and they permanently upgrade your character. From that point on, you start each game with that card in play. There's no limit beyond the usual "at most two identical cards (by name)," and they don't count against your deck size.

The permanents we've had spoiled so far are Adaptable (from the first pack), Charisma (from the second), Keen Eye (from the third), and Blood Pact (also from the third).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Coppel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So not only did you proxy a card, but you used it even though there's no way you could have earned it with the list of scenarios you have played?

Glad you feel good about this but sorry to say I wouldn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcoppel wrote:
So not only did you proxy a card, but you used it even though there's no way you could have earned it with the list of scenarios you have played?

It was lucky draws all around, but I'm pretty sure that the proxy is valid. It's a level 4 neutral card that will just be part of the collection when it's available. I don't think you have to earn it during a scenario; you can buy it with XP at any time. The only sticky point is that according to campaign rules, you can't play a side-quest after the main campaign is done, only between two scenarios in the main campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
mcoppel wrote:

Player cards are not linked to the Mythos packs that contain them (except earned Story assets, of course). There's nothing invalid about using Dunwich Legacy cards in a Night of the Zealot campaign. You could complain about the OP proxying cards from a set he has yet to purchase, except that nobody can purchase Essex County Express yet, and this is an official FFG spoiler released to drum up excitement for the next cycle. They want people to experiment with cards like Charisma and Blood Pact, because those people then go out and buy the Mythos packs to see what other fun tools they have available.

Now, proxying cards from a set that you haven't purchased just to save on money is something else entirely. That is a Bad Thing. That's not what's going on here, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the Replies.

supermarino wrote:
ultimate26 wrote:

He didn't play roland's gun, only committed it for icons to the fight skill test.

Thanks Bobby. Even though Roland have 3 hands, it is still NOT possible to use to 2 weapons at the same time for now, maybe in future expansion FFG would make characters that can do that.

mcoppel wrote:

It is just a normal Upgrade card, you can normally spend exp you gain from previous scenario to get that card.

Matt_W wrote:
The only sticky point is that according to campaign rules, you can't play a side-quest after the main campaign is done, only between two scenarios in the main campaign.

Yea i also knew/consider that before i play curse of rougarou, but what i am thinking is, I already played 3 scenarios before i got curse or Rougarou expansion. And also i choose to play it after not in between because i feel it is more thematic. In 3 first scenarios the story was continued every scenario, you even try to race against time to avoid that "after midnight" consequence. So It doesnt make sense if you investigate who are the cultist(scenario 2), then go hunt a werewolf (curse of Rougarou), then Try to stop the cultist ritual after hunting a werewolf(Scenario 3).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brunowolff wrote:
dlikos wrote:

But now I some questions... when are the permanent card mechanics introduced?

From the rules reference:

Permanent is a deckbuilding keyword ability.

A card with the permanent keyword does not count towards your deck size.

A card with the permanent keyword still counts as being part of your deck and must therefore adhere to all other deckbuilding restrictions.

A card with the permanent keyword starts each game in play and is not shuffled into your investigator deck during setup.

A card with the permanent keyword cannot be discarded by any means.

Didn't think to look in the rules reference... suppose this is my bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dchamp wrote:
Yea i also knew/consider that before i play curse of rougarou, but what i am thinking is, I already played 3 scenarios before i got curse or Rougarou expansion. And also i choose to play it after not in between because i feel it is more thematic. In 3 first scenarios the story was continued every scenario, you even try to race against time to avoid that "after midnight" consequence. So It doesnt make sense if you investigate who are the cultist(scenario 2), then go hunt a werewolf (curse of Rougarou), then Try to stop the cultist ritual after hunting a werewolf(Scenario 3). :what:

I think of them as flashbacks: on their way to the forest where the cultists are gathering, Roland regales Lita Chantler with the story of his most recent adventure in the Louisiana bayou. Plus, Rougarou especially can have consequences that add fun for the rest of the campaign.

Nice session report though. I doubt you'll get that lucky again; you didn't even pick up any Swamp Leeches:)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owais Aziz
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You weren't meant to kill it .... after all, it was once a man....

Maybe there was another way???....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ovaldo wrote:
You weren't meant to kill it .... after all, it was once a man....

Maybe there was another way???....

What do you mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.