Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game yet, but I'm curious whether anyone has experimented with solo variants. If you simply played with one human and 2 trusts, would the game be fun and challenging?

If not, are there any other solo variant ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Vidal Agustina
Spain
flag msg tools
He jugado una partida con dos Trusts. Los trust juegan sin dinero, compran siempre la central eléctrica más cara.
Resultado. Todos 26 PV. Gana el Trust gris al tener la carta más cara.

I played a game with two trusts. Trusts always play without money, and always buy the most expensive card.
At the end, all players finish with 26 points, but win the the trust grey because he had the most expensive card.

I think that it's a bad idea. You have more money that you need. It's better play whit other solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried it myself tonight, solo against 2 trusts. I played it where all 3 of us changed turn order depending on income. (The trusts didn't actually keep the money, but they counted it.)

It was a great way to learn the game, and the trusts were competitive (one beat me 26-24-15). It's probably not interesting enough to play a lot as a solo game, but I could see breaking it out once in a while if I had an itch.

During the game, it seemed like one of the trusts would fail to power its plant, so it would fall to last in turn order. Next round, the other trust would fail to power a plant, and it would fall. I spent almost the whole game second in turn order. The effect carried to the final round, when one of the trusts was starved for resources, and only powered 2 plants. I think to be a viable solo alternative, that would have to be cleaned up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger S
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Old thread, but I just discovered this game and we've been playing a lot of Power Grid lately in my group, so I thought this might be a nice end-of-the-night filler. But I would also like to play it solo.

I've played the SoloPlay variant for Power Grid. I'm gonna take a look at it and see if there are some ideas in there that can be adapted to solo play for the card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.