Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Varsos
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really into this game. 1vMany is one of my favorite genres (if not my favorite). There's 2 campaigns with 6 missions each, as I'm sure most of you know, so I'd love to see new content. A few more large monsters would be excellent or any monster expansion for that matter. This is a game I would like to see expanded like some of FFGs other product lines but I'm a little surprised there isn't a word of anything additional for it that I can find. Anyone heard anything that I might be missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen J
Australia
Erskineville
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
RAWRRRRRRRR
badge
RAWRRRRRRRR
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you read the previous threads about expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's brand new. I wouldn't expect to see any expansion news for a while yet.

This is one of the few games I've bought in the last few years that actually feels complete, I'm going to enjoy this feeling for as long as I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Varsos
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
allensaurusrex wrote:
Have you read the previous threads about expansions?

The ones I saw referenced the old board game. If I overlooked something my apologies. My forum navigation skills may be subpar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Varsos
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
virferrorum wrote:

This is one of the few games I've bought in the last few years that actually feels complete, I'm going to enjoy this feeling for as long as I can.

I do like that it feels complete but I'd love to see more content. I thought with it being a "second edition" technically that maybe we'd see announcements as quick as we did for Mansions of Madness. I totally understand where you're coming from though, the completionist in me is glad to have a whole product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
virferrorum wrote:

True, but it is an FFG game. They tend to announce the first expansion within a month of new game releases...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure there eventually will be an expansion. Wouldn't really be an FFG game without one.

Also, I'm sure that until then, we'll keep seeing at least one new thread like this one pop up every week. After that, there won't be any more threads about the first expansion, but there will be weekly threads about a second expansion, even before the first one will actually be released.

I guess that's a good sign for the popularity of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hubbard
United States
Mullica Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's not news, more like the shadow of a rumor, but in this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1698286/number-frag-tokens

The game designer replied to a suggestion about all the extra frag tokens with this:

Fancymancer wrote:
NulEnvoid wrote:
Could be useful for a Deathmatch variant.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Octopus
msg tools
Daverman wrote:
It's not news, more like the shadow of a rumor, but in this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1698286/number-frag-tokens

The game designer replied to a suggestion about all the extra frag tokens with this:

Fancymancer wrote:
NulEnvoid wrote:
Could be useful for a Deathmatch variant.

whistle

Holy shit that would make my life complete. I loved the Deathmatch rules from the first Doom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Knerl
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
Brains
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like we are missing some baddies... And a skirmisher mode.

Lost souls and hellknights off the bat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sotc77 wrote:

I'm fine without Hellknights (they're basically just mini Barons of Hell), but Lost Souls would be fun. For the Invader. Not the Marines.

And the Spider Mastermind seems like an obvious boss monster.

I also feel like more maps would be useful. I know we can make our own, but I prefer to leave it to the professionals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sotc77 wrote:

Spider Mastermind seems like a definite for the future, too! Plus Summoners, Spectres and Hell Guards would be sweet!

I know the new PC game didn't have the Archvile (guessing he might show up in PC expansion), but I would love to see that nasty sonovabitch show up in-game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to see additional map tiles for that hinted Deathmatch mode and a couple more demon types as well as some official rules or guidelines for building custom missions.

This game has been really fun so far and the ability to modify the core game is great so having a few more options would be ideal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyroki Taylor
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
c4dillon wrote:
sotc77 wrote:

Spider Mastermind seems like a definite for the future, too! Plus Summoners, Spectres and Hell Guards would be sweet!

I know the new PC game didn't have the Archvile (guessing he might show up in PC expansion), but I would love to see that nasty sonovabitch show up in-game!

I can't remember the reason, but Archvile was replaced for a specific reason with the Summoner (that lunatic caster demon) that we saw in the video game. Archvile is no more.

... OH RIGHT! There are no enemies to revive, so they changed it to the Summoner because it, well, summons demons. If they went with Archvile, people would complain that it wasn't like the standard Archvile, blah blah blah, whinge whinge whinge, Summoner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other ideas:

-Exploding Barrels
-A game mode that uses key hunting/only reveals rooms that the Marines have seen?
-Extra small tiles (1x2, 2x2) for custom map building
-Fists/Berserk Pack as a new melee weapon
-Acid floor tokens (nukage)
-Elevator tiles/tokens
-Soul Spheres and other cool supernatural items (these might be harder to balance)
-An Archvile/Summoner Boss monster who messes with/spawns/behaves like a portal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdul Rahman Ibrahim
Malaysia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The current base game features less than half of the full roster. Expansions with the release of the remaining monsters would be cool. Also nicer with new tiles and tokens for new ways to play. I think not all weapons are present in the current game too, so there's still room for the game to grow.

But even if they leave it as it is, it really is a complete game by its own right. Any expansions would finally feel like one instead of something to complete the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Schroer
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
BEER PLACEMENT?
mbmbmbmbmb
almond55 wrote:
The current base game features less than half of the full roster. Expansions with the release of the remaining monsters would be cool. Also nicer with new tiles and tokens for new ways to play. I think not all weapons are present in the current game too, so there's still room for the game to grow.

But even if they leave it as it is, it really is a complete game by its own right. Any expansions would finally feel like one instead of something to complete the base game.

Perhaps a summoner that usea different amounts of argent to summon and immediately activate different demons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunnyvaletrash wrote:
almond55 wrote:

Perhaps a summoner that usea different amounts of argent to summon and immediately activate different demons?

That would be sweet.

Nothing feels as good as ploppin monsters on the board and seeing your enemies try to figure out a game plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.