Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if you fire from 1 square away, you roll 1 d6 and you discard any 1s or 6s? If you fire from 2 away and roll a 3 and 4, you discard it for adding up to 7, so a miss. If you fire from 10 away and happen to get a lot of 3 and 4s or 1s, then that's a miss.
Just seems like firing from very far away isn't really different than from close range. Am I getting this all wrong?
Then is the die that's left the one that does damage? What if you have a 2 and a 4, does that add to 6?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Eric.

You might be missing some steps of the procedure:

You HIT if you DO NOT roll any 1s.

You MISS if you DO roll at least one 1.

This is described on step 3 of the FIRING THE CANNON section of the rulebook:

"Fire the cannon by rolling as many dice as the result of the calculation (with a maximum of 10 dice). If at least one of the
dice shows a ‘1’ then you’ve missed the target. Otherwise the target is hit for as many damage points as the lowest die value. Move the damage disc of the target's card accordingly. If the damage disc goes below 1 the unit is destroyed and removed from the game (optionally, you can keep the unit in place so it acts as an obstacle). "

All further calculations are made ONLY IF YOU MISSED the target (and only if you're applying the Collateral Damage Rules) and they're used to determine where the failed shot lands.

I hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I gotcha now. I was mixed up for sure! Thank you for clearing that up, that makes so much more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.