Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Ghost Rider Penance Stare rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hi, I was wondering if you guys think it's worth buying this card in a 2 player pure coop game since its damage will only go to 5 for an 8 cost. Is it worth it to knock out Penance Stare from the Hq for a cheaper card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
allergies wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if you guys think it's worth buying this card in a 2 player pure coop game since its damage will only go to 5 for an 8 cost. Is it worth it to knock out Penance Stare from the Hq for a cheaper card?

Not sure. I just played with Ghost Rider in a 3 handed game and had the same thought. I went ahead and bout it though. 5 Attack (6 in my case) is still a decent attack even if it is overpriced in lower player counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
allergies wrote:

It's still 5 Attack on a single card which isn't bad *shrug*

One question -- How are you intending to discard Penance Stare from the HQ, in the event you don't want to buy it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
allergies wrote:

One question -- How are you intending to discard Penance Stare from the HQ, in the event you don't want to buy it?

Good point. I assumed it would be with Apocalyptic Kitty Pride or something similar. It certainly can't be KO'd by a Villain escaping (unless it is a house rule).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhythmic wrote:
XeyneGaming wrote:
allergies wrote:

Good point. I assumed it would be with Apocalyptic Kitty Pride or something similar. It certainly can't be KO'd by a Villain escaping (unless it is a house rule).

It could be cleared by Schemes that KO cards from the HQ such as Superhero Civil War or Massive Earthquake Generator.

Also, if you're playing against Zombie Green Goblin his Master Strike could KO it from the HQ (provided you weren't also playing with Iron Fist and had his rare also sitting in the HQ waiting to be recruited).

Otherwise, yeah you'd need someone like Kitty Pryde or Professor X to cycle the HQ cards to get it out of there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.